http://www.arena.net/blog/video-city-of-lions-arch

Looks like some expansion has taken place over the years

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    LA is kinda as big right now, it's just that most of that space is never used.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Wtf man, In the wartower interview, they said there is no walking yet but in the video I see players walk?!

Could be NPCs. I'm pretty sure I saw some children in there, too.

I spotted a man and a woman with non-warrior clothing and both had a rifle on their back.
    I love rifles. :D

The city looks so beautiful. It really does. But after seeing this I'm afraid I wont be able to run gw2 on full specs. :(
    Last edited by Nohjo; 11-05-2011 at 19:26.

Doesn't look much like a city to me, looks more like a temporary gathering ground then anything else, you got the ships, all the sheds, markets etc etc but a very limited number of houses coupled with the fact that there doesn't seem to be many real streets gives the impression of a slum rather then a city. I'm guessing the razed stone structures we are seeing are the remains of the actual old lions arch citadel.

Also, note how some of the ships has been turned into buildings, perhaps ships that got stranded when the flood hit and instead of removing them the people who settled the new lions arch decided to incorporate them into the new city.

On an other note, the 2 lion/serpent/fish like statues in the beginning of the trailer really peaks my interest, they are not a gw race I'm familiar with. Probably merely a mythological creature but would be nice to know what that was about.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Indeed, if you look at the history of Lion`s Arch, what you`re describing Senatic is quite what happened. The city got destroyed, and instead of rebuilding it, they decided to recycle broken boats into buildings. The place was not meant to be permanent, but actually evolved into a permanent place, which explains the absence of real streets or homes. I suspect a lot of habitants of LA actually live in their workplace, or on their boats...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Indeed, if you look at the history of Lion`s Arch, what you`re describing Senatic is quite what happened. The city got destroyed, and instead of rebuilding it, they decided to recycle broken boats into buildings. The place was not meant to be permanent, but actually evolved into a permanent place, which explains the absence of real streets or homes. I suspect a lot of habitants of LA actually live in their workplace, or on their boats...
    Ah okay, well it's cool either way and I have to say it's awesome that the history of the "city" shines trough to such an extent that a person as myself that was not familiar with this particular aspect picked up on these things as well. A job well done I would say by arenanet to showcase the city's history in its design. Thanks for clearing that up/confirming it for me Alaris.

Still wondering about the lion/serpent/fish statues, if anyone knows anything about those please do share ^^
    Last edited by Senatic; 11-05-2011 at 20:20.

regina confirmed today on gwg that walking is included.
    this is what she said on gwg:

Hey. So you know about the whole iterative development process thing that we do here at ArenaNet? We have talked about walking in the past and said it wouldn't make it into the game. However, things can change in the world of game development. I just talked to Eric to double check. He confirmed to me that your characters will be able to walk in Guild Wars 2.

I like the way Lion's Arch looks in GW2, but I do have some negative points as well.

-It seems to me that it looks very different from the original LA in GW1. I was hoping for a little bit of recognition regarding my favourite GW1 city.

-I hope that there aren't too many invisible walls. Please give us the freedom to climb up on top of just about anything, even if it serves no purpose. Kaineng Center is a good example of a city that is full of buildings and balconies, all of which cannot be accessed. And that is such a shame.

-I really REALLY hate pointless floating crystals. Final Fantasy is full of them... in fact almost all RPG's are full of them. It is so stupid. For the love of Dwayna, please let there be a good reason for those things, or get rid of them.