PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member BrotherGrimm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I'm just troubled by their lack of information in both directions....
    You do understand that the MAIN reason you don't get info about something that isn't certain is they don't get a huge, "BUT YOU SAID THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY REGIONAL SERVERS!!!!", backlash when they DO make a tough call on something like this. You being troubled by the lack of information and taking that as bad news is kind of silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    That there will be servers, I can live with that, but regional lockdown, no. Because that was one of the parts where GW shone and where GW2 should be able to shine too.
    You do recall when GW didn't have free roaming between all districts, right? Just saying it didn't always shine, so back down on the nostalgia campaign...at least until you have something to actually complain about.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherGrimm View Post
    You do recall when GW didn't have free roaming between all districts, right? Just saying it didn't always shine, so back down on the nostalgia campaign...at least until you have something to actually complain about.
    Even then you had the international districts where you could meet people from all over the world.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    And there was free roaming - well up to five times if I remember correctly.

Be interesting to see what they do with the servers - I'm sure they've got tons of reasons to go either way. I'd imagine that there will be a region you choose and you get stuck with it. For a fee you can change region and there will be an international region which can't compete in world changing events.

That way they get a flow of income from region changers and those who wish to be online with their friends from other regions can either do so for free but not take part in WvW or pay to become part of the world and alter it.

-Art

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Yi Mor View Post
    And there was free roaming - well up to five times if I remember correctly.

Be interesting to see what they do with the servers - I'm sure they've got tons of reasons to go either way. I'd imagine that there will be a region you choose and you get stuck with it. For a fee you can change region and there will be an international region which can't compete in world changing events.

That way they get a flow of income from region changers and those who wish to be online with their friends from other regions can either do so for free but not take part in WvW or pay to become part of the world and alter it.

-Art
    I could live with that and also, that would be something you could use as an example how GW2 is different from any other MMO out there.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Everyone loves loot, but let's face it, plenty of loot in GW... except it's cosmetic. I guess the only way to explain cosmetics to stats-slaves is to tell them that you're not forced in endgame to wear the same stupid armor everyone else is wearing just because it has the best stats. You can make your own look.
    Thank you, this should definitely work and maybe better than it does in WoW. I remember reading in a few interviews that gear will be styled according to the theme of the dungeon in which it drops, which means we can tell by the look of the gear on a player that they have done a certain dungeon in hard mode 5+ times to get it. That should be a great motivation for those who care about bragging in capital cities.

Since the gear can be dyed/transmuted in GW 2, every Necromancer who has done a dungeon to get full set won't look like an exact replica of other Necromancers like we did in tier gear at the end of Wrath expansion in WoW. Added problem in WoW is that we can't change our size or height.

Also, sure there's loot-slaves in WoW, but there's plenty of WoW players who don't care about that.
    Yes, myself and a couple others from my guild do raiding for having fun, not just to see what will drop and if we will win the roll.
    Last edited by wyzim; 20-05-2011 at 14:04.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Regarding WvWvW and servers and all that... I think there's a tradeoff between community building, and restrictions. I think they're looking into different solutions but keeping in mind what different players want. Any solution will make some people upset... but in the end they have to pick that which is best for customers.

Regarding difficulty, I sure hope there is content that only the top players can complete (in hard mode, I don't mind there being a normal mode version anyone can complete). There should be stuff that only a fraction of players ever complete, like there is stuff like that in WoW. Kinda tired of being told that GW is not offering a challenge rofl c-space headdesk ftw
    This is exactly what I meant alaris. On both accounts too
    Don't want to be locked into a competitive disadvantage for 2 weeks because I wanted to play with some overseas friends for a day or two.

And most certainly also want some sort of exlusivity/vanity in terms of challenging tasks. Not because I'm too much into achievements but because it's a known fact that there are tons of people who are.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Ever play Gunz: The Duel before? It would probably be sort of like that.

sorry but, gunz and DMC/bayonetta are two completely different games, even the battle system and the movement animations are at a totally different level.
    i know, DMC fanboysm, but i tried gunz and it just make me cry.......they call this the same?
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Running around in circles while mashing the attack key while doing flips while mashing the attack key while fighting tons of enemies at once while mashing the attack key while mashing the other attack key while mashing the attack key..

Yep.

Same thing.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Running around in circles while mashing the attack key while doing flips while mashing the attack key while fighting tons of enemies at once while mashing the attack key while mashing the other attack key while mashing the attack key..

Yep.

Same thing.
    that's the same as saying GW is exactly the same as WoW, you think it's the same until you know better.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    This is exactly what I meant alaris. On both accounts too
    Don't want to be locked into a competitive disadvantage for 2 weeks because I wanted to play with some overseas friends for a day or two.

And most certainly also want some sort of exlusivity/vanity in terms of challenging tasks. Not because I'm too much into achievements but because it's a known fact that there are tons of people who are.
    Question for you:

This hasn't been said by Anet (I'm not sure it's even been asked of them) but, since each character can join any guild it wants (not locked in to one guild like GW1), would it be acceptable to you if each character had free choice of servers? This way you could have characters specifically made for playing with overseas friends.

I know it's not perfect, but you could still play with whomever you choose right away, and if there was a character you wanted moved, then you'd have to deal with whatever rules Anet finally decides on.