PC Gaming News
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    I have no idea how anyone could call this an FPS with a straight face. Unless you mean, like, frames per second or something. I'm pretty sure there will be as many frames per second as is possible.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I meant that rolling is generally something you do after something shoots at you, but hopefully before it hits you. Hence the reflex.

If you can anticipate, you don't need to roll, you can just walk away.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
    I have no idea how anyone could call this an FPS with a straight face. Unless you mean, like, frames per second or something. I'm pretty sure there will be as many frames per second as is possible.
    Would you prefer "twitch game"?
    The point is, GW2 seems to rely far more on reflexes than GW1. Strategy as in chosing your skills is second to reacting.
    Not everyone likes that.

But this isn't Quake. Obviously that statement was done in the context of multi-class, multi-build games.
    Yes. The obvious continuation of my statement is that you could have X initial setups, of which only one is viable; the game could still be balanced.

That depends on what "recognising viability" actually means for the game. If it means understanding that some functions are better for some challenges than others (regeneration when you face slow, constant HP drain or high resistances when you face strong single-target attacks or whatever) then that is just fine but if it means understanding that one skill is simply worse than the alternatives, why have that skill in the game at all? Especially when you explicitly try for quality over quantity.
    Read this article (link). IMO, it's one of the best articles about game design-related things ever. All of the seven reasons why there are bad cards in Magic correlate more or less directly to why there are bad skills in GW1 (and why there will be bad skills in GW2 - oh yes, there will be).

Ok I have to say this, regen is not appropriate for countering degen... If you lose health to degen, the best option is usually to direct-heal it away. Do the math, you'll see that I'm right. Regen spells like Healing Breeze are sometimes good to buy you time (since you receive healing for a number of seconds without having to stop and cast anything, which means that you can do other things such as moving or casting other spells).