PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    I have never seen that dialogue box either, but I am 100% sure that this would only unlock the hero for your account, not for your character.

Also, let's have a look at what he's offering.

Koss, Dunkoro - can be gained as heroes for any non-Elonian in a matter of 2 minutes upon arrival in Kamadan.

Jin - takes slightly longer, but should be yours in a matter of half an hour at most, if you follow the quest markers. (Unless you select the elementalist; in that case, she's yours automatically after you've finished Nightfall.)

Feel free to try what happens in the first dialogue box and you're welcome to waste some faction points in the second dialogue box if you don't believe all of us. It's only a few k of gold you're wasting, essentially. Balthazar faction should be converted into skills or more importantly into zaishen keys, which are worth about 5k each.

Btw: fascinating how Norgu would cost 3k faction, while Goren would cost 6k faction, isn't it? Devs must've been smoking crack when they set these prices.
    Last edited by Lytha; 23-05-2011 at 09:22.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post
    I have never seen that dialogue box either, but I am 100% sure that this would only unlock the hero for your account, not for your character.

Also, let's have a look at what he's offering.

Koss, Dunkoro - can be gained as heroes for any non-Elonian in a matter of 2 minutes upon arrival in Kamadan.

Jin - takes slightly longer, but should be yours in a matter of half an hour at most, if you follow the quest markers. (Unless you select the elementalist; in that case, she's yours automatically after you've finished Nightfall.)

Feel free to try what happens in the first dialogue box and you're welcome to waste some faction points in the second dialogue box if you don't believe all of us. It's only a few k of gold you're wasting, essentially. Balthazar faction should be converted into skills or more importantly into zaishen keys, which are worth about 5k each.

Btw: fascinating how Norgu would cost 3k faction, while Goren would cost 6k faction, isn't it? Devs must've been smoking crack when they set these prices.
    Never said I didn't in any of my posts. I just wanted clarification on the quest reward box. So should I be picking one of them to unlock them for my account or...? I really don't know wtf to do with the quest reward.

Accept one of them, keep and eye on your Balthazar Faction before and after, and keep up updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post
    Or they just wanted to make the first Mesmer hero available at a cheaper price than the second Warrior hero (which also neatly explains why the second Monk hero Tahlk is 6k, while the first Monk hero Dunk is 3k).

Yes, I wondered about Tahlkora and Dunkoro as well. It somehow suggests that one of the two is "better" than the other, doesn't it?

How expensive is Gwen? What about Jora?

I only know that Keiran Pimpdaddy is at 7777 faction (because I refuse to recruit him.)

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Stormbluff Isle [SBI]
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii] & Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    After mining through the wiki, here's the answer: all EotN heroes are 3k faction to unlock.

Source: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Balth...nlocking_items

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakieon View Post
    But that's the thing, it's a quest reward. It doesn't say anywhere on the box that I'm spending any faction points to get them.
    Ok, I've never seen that either, but that wiki page above says: "No cost: Acolyte Jin, Koss, Dunkoro: Unknown, can be unlocked for free after completing the training arenas"

It looks like those are freebies, and I would bet they are freebie account unlocks. Which means that you won't be able to PvE with them (unless you unlock them in PvE). So... there's no good reason to cash in that reward. But there's also no good reason not to.

Like explained above, unlocking those chars in PvE is pretty trivial anyway.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about