PC Gaming News
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Oh Rob. I haven't seen the plastic skull (aka Kingdom of the Crystal Skull), but from everything I hear, it's a good thing I haven't. I've never been into Indiana Jones anyway.

Although that brings up a movie I was very disappointed in - the Nancy Drew movie with Emma Roberts. She seemed way too young for the part (I think it's her voice), it had only snippets of the main book characters apart from her dad and Ned, and the case and her snooping were just...boring. Compared to the experiences you get in the books and even the games, the movie was seriously lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Oh, what am I missing?
    The part where there's nothing scary about the Saw movies. I like horror movies but Saw isn't in that genre. Since it's not, you know, horrifying.

People having to saw their own leg off, rip out their own eye, jump into a pit of needles? It's hilarious, but not scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Ok. What was actually pulled off well? Translating bad writing to an equally bad script? Hiring actors with as much feeling as the written characters (ea. none)? The terrible pacing? The lack of colour or other interesting cinematography?
    All of the above. Except the cinematography actually is well done.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    @jam: ok, so Saw would be classified as what? Suspense? The point is that there are not many movies that would attract a following enough to justify that many sequels. And for me at least, I kept watching them to follow the story of the characters. Ok, the traps are cool, but the gore was by far not the best part (in fact, the gore was not particularly well done).

About Plastic Skull, yes it was an ok popcorn movie, it's main flaw was that it was compared to the other Indianna Jones movies. They should have put the effort to make it on par with the series.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Did anyone mention Paranormal Activity yet?
    Damn that movie was atrocious. Nothing like a 2 hour movie of absolutely nothing happening to get the boredom flowing.

Oh wait! A door moves from someone pulling on it with invisible wire! HOW HORRIFYING.

**** horror movies. Seriously.

Scream 4 was **** too, while I'm at it.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

I actually liked Paranormal Activity. Sure, nothing actually happens for most of the movie. But I liked the scary ambience they created. Of course it doesn't work for everyone. Paranormal Activity was more of the same, with not really any surprises.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Ok. What was actually pulled off well? Translating bad writing to an equally bad script? Hiring actors with as much feeling as the written characters (ea. none)? The terrible pacing? The lack of colour or other interesting cinematography?
    Fan service.

I just saw this the other night (put it in the que to see what all the excitement was about, and I do like vampire stories...also I heard there were cute girls in it) and while pretty bad in parts and very narrowly aimed at its target demographic, it's by no means the worse movie ever.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Very narrowly aimed at its target demographic. Well said BladeDVD...
    == Alaris & clone ==

shawn: That's my opinion on all TV shows, movies, documentaries, etc. about supposed ghosts and aliens. I think it's all BS and fake, thought up by someone who wants attention and can find no other way to do it. I don't believe in that stuff for one minute.

Uh...let's see. Well I hated the movie Deck the Halls. My mom has to watch it every Christmas and I just want to hide when she does. It's not funny, it's annoying. Your goal is to make your house visible from space? Wow, someone needs a life.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    @TW: lots of movies TV shows etc are based on made up stuff. That doesn't make it uninteresting necessarily. I think Shawn disliked Paranormal Activity because it was mostly about setting the mood, but lacked in content otherwise. Stuff like Blair Witch also fits that category.

I think setting the mood can be its own movie, but it won`t work for everyone. I prefer content myself.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I agree regarding the documentaries. But a good movie about hauntings or extraterrestials is always welcome. It's when they start trying to pass if off as a genuin account of events, that it starts to bother me. Shows such as Ghost Hunters for example bug me to no end. There's simply nothing scientiffic about them.

And as a general rule, a lot of Christmas movies are terrible. The few exceptions to this rule might be the first two Home Alone movies. But apart from that, Christmas movies are usually dreadful.

I liked Paranormal Activity because of the creepy ambience, even if nothing was happening. But it's a movie that only works when you see it in a theater. Much of the great sound and ambience is lost when you watch it at home.