PC Gaming News

Spirit's Strength Spear rit

I know. It isn't the best build ever. It doesn't sport the highest available DPS. It's not AoE. It lacks imagination.

But anyway: SpawnPwr 12+1+2, Spear 11, Channel 6+1

EBSoH
    "I Am The Strongest!"
    Spirit's Strength
    Weapon of Aggression
    Spear Attack #1 (Barbed?)
    Spear Attack #2 (Spear of Lightning?)
    Spear Attack #3
    (Swap for something useful if bringing SoF)
    Optional PvE, such as SoF or something (I'm using "YMLaD!" for a snare/KD/rupt)

Having someone with you spamming GDW on you enhances the damage output a bit further and gives Spirit's Strength something to chew on. In these cases take some other IAS. (Ideas on this welcome)

After a short testing at the Asuran lands this seemed to be pretty fun to play, at least for a lazy-bottom person like me. Was using this with the 7H Player Support hero team found on PvX. Some modifications may be good to be made.

Why spear? Because I hate melee. That's why. I'm tired of SoS but I don't want to run knee deep into the enemies just to see them scatter from my DwG drops.

Comments, criticism and feedback welcome. I'm feeling like this could be fun to mess around with.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Spear gives you higher defense (because of the shield) so if you're going for survivor, that might not be too bad. But if that's not an issue, might I suggest bow instead?

Volley is good at getting multiple hits, which is nice with many weapon spells (splinter in particular). The main issue with this build is that if you get hit by something that punishes you per attack, you can go down fast. Otherwise, it's a decent AoE and with other weapon spells, it can also be ok at single-target dps. I'm suggesting volley, of course, because you're going for spirit's strength... but barrage is another fine choice.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I have a Splinter Barrage setup (armor+build+weapon) too and it has its pros and it's pretty fun to play as well, but I thought to give this a try.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Enjoy it then!
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I did a similar build with my Rit quite a few times and it works just fine. always need options for when playing with another Rit since so many like to SoS.

Spear of Fury works great (a YMLAD timed to hit when you're hitting with SoF is very nice).

SoF + YMLaD gives nice spike damage but forces me to drop one of the attack buffs. The good thing about this build is the ability to variate a lot.