GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Hopefully GW2 will offer better tools for this.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Shennn View Post
    As GW1 stands right now, most people I know went from active to occasional players because they only wanted to finish the same game so many times and have been waiting for GW2 for what seems like eternity.
    This is where the forums help! Obviously, you can't force people to join and I'm not saying you are at fault AT ALL. But I barely ever play GW 1 anymore, but since the forums are still active with GWO members, I still very much consider myself a part of TRUE and I am looking forward to getting back into the game with guildies and alliance-mates in GW 2. In my previous guilds without active forums, once people stopped playing the game, the guild fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    This is where the forums help! Obviously, you can't force people to join and I'm not saying you are at fault AT ALL. But I barely ever play GW 1 anymore, but since the forums are still active with GWO members, I still very much consider myself a part of TRUE and I am looking forward to getting back into the game with guildies and alliance-mates in GW 2. In my previous guilds without active forums, once people stopped playing the game, the guild fell apart.
    If the people liked going of forums there wouldn't even be a discussion, but they don't. Some people are in a guild to play the game, not have discussions on a forum, regardless of what we'd prefer. Guild numbers and activity was never an issue when the game was new enough that people wanted to play. I have little doubt that when GW2 comes out, guilds will again be overflowing with new members...

Hell, being hacked actually gave me a reason to play, to rebuild my characters and gear them all up. Before that it was at the point where being in game was really just a chore, login, try to find new members, help people, log off. When there is nothing in game to motivate you, it's simply unpaid work.

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    You need to play while drunk as then it's always a challenge.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Play, but set yourself as offline and keep away from chat or the forums!!!*.

-Art

*Never done it myself, just passing along what I've heard