PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    They increased the time between certain waves, and changed the number and type of some of the foes. At least that's what I think they did. The biggest change in my opinion was the increased delay added between the waves, which gives parties more time to kill them before the next one comes along.
    And give you some time to regenerate... I remember doing it on Danea (monk). I was running empty constantly the second half of the battle. And I didn't even have a lot of energy skills (using smiting and signets mostly).
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    Hmm...I found 95% of the stuff in WiK pretty easy.
    I agree, especially with 7-heroes. The other day I did Temple in HM on an alt (in conjunction with the Wanted in the same spot) and it wasn't nearly as hard as with H/H. The only thing I disliked was running as Keiran, because I never liked that mode of play (solo, someone else's bar).

I also agree that they should make Battle for LA repeatable. That was fun. In fact, when I'm not playing with guildies, I spent most of my time in WiK now, either doing the Wanteds or getting my alts through. No, I don't care for the storyline and some of the silly back-and-forth stuff. But I do find the mobs more interesting and fun.

So, yeah, +1 on keeping variable mobs in the new contents.

-T

They nerfed Battle for LA? That is ashame. It was one of the few missions that was hard, aside from those in DoA.

How did they nerf it btw?
    Changed mobs, decreased the number of Jade Armors in the second wave (and greatly reduced the eles, turning them into Rangers/Warriors) and more time between waves are the biggest changes. It made it A LOT easier, which is why I find people who still call it too hard the type that just expects rewards to be handed to them right after taking the quest.

Yes, the first version was pretty unforgiving if you weren't one of the "Universally Wanted Classes" and their builds, but it was still doable if you put in some effort. You might have wiped a few times but you could get the job done. The current version, you have a bad group if they manage to get past the first stairs and onto the square...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I do love solo content, but admittedly, GW1 isn't balanced well for you to bring your own bar and still have a compelling experience.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Hmm...I found 95% of the stuff in WiK pretty easy. Monks and res-ing seems to be a big problem for you. Find ways to counter them.
    It was easy, sure, and they're not a problem. But what they are is boring, and not much fun.

Bit more info has appeared thanks to Kill ten rats and John's random thought box!

First Ravinous of Kill ten rats has posted 2 pics of new NPC's in the quest they played.

Spoiler

Taken from here

The top one is apparently a Ministry of Purity NPC, while the bottom one he has labeled as "Dragon Armour".

Don't know about the rest of you, but those look like they could be new costumes for players......no indication of that, but they just have that look about them. If so I'm sooooo buying the dragon one, looks awesome *__*

And a comment from Ravinous in response to a commenter asking about the release date.

It sounded like the first arc was nearing completion. I’m not sure, I got confused at one point because at one time I swear I heard them saying we played the end of one arc, but then we could go on an play really hard, unbalanced content that was not yet finalized. Sorry, his moves were too balanced to punch those juicy answers out of him.
    And now from Mr Stumme himself

Oh, and to answer a point I keep seeing come up - the number of quests I threw out includes their Hard Mode versions. But the quests aren't just things like the bounty quests (go here and kill a boss, that's it.) They're all pretty fleshed out experiences, and a lot of them have an impact on the world (changing base spawns for zones after their completion, in some cases more than once.) There's also (non-mandatory) scenes hidden all over Cantha that come up after the completion of quests to help fill out the world, to make it feel more alive and reactive to the things you're doing. It's also something for the explorer types, without necessitating that you need to go to obscure locations to advance. I really want it to feel like we're putting out a significant piece of content, one that has its own story arc, and gets people really invested for the two parts to follow.
    Taken from Mr Stumme's random thought box HERE

So i wonder if by that, once we have cleared out the afflicted, that they will never spawn again, even if we finish WOC in its entirety.....a permanent effect on Cantha due to our actions, would be pretty awesome. =D

I also like the idea we could after clearing out the afflicted for example, walk through one of the explorables and find people talking about our actions, even though WiK tried to immerse us in the conflict, i never felt like i was truly involved, just sort of helping out as an un named merc, so this is definitely an improvement.

- Tsukasa

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    The afflicted and Shiro'ken should be pretty much gone once Shiro died. Specially Shiro'ken, whose spirits would be freed right after Shiro's death. The afflicted might still roam around for a bit but there won't be many new ones.

Instead I predict that the Wardens and Nagas would have a huge part to play in WoC. Will they finally heal the jaded forest and sea? At what cost?
    Last edited by CHIPS; 27-06-2011 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by bellissima View Post

If you like Kaineng City and killing lots of Afflicted, you'll certainly enjoy the quests we played. All of the quest rewards were 1337 EXP + 1337 GP. Those are the placeholder amounts so we'll have to wait until the content is released to find out what the rewards will really be. I don't know exactly when WoC will be released.

Oh so you got to play!! Can you give us some more details about how the teams worked? (or anything that was different from reg play???) ...we the starved for info ask nicely....(please please please)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    Changed mobs, decreased the number of Jade Armors in the second wave (and greatly reduced the eles, turning them into Rangers/Warriors) and more time between waves are the biggest changes. It made it A LOT easier, which is why I find people who still call it too hard the type that just expects rewards to be handed to them right after taking the quest.
    I never expect that. But I still find Battle hard. I'm just not one of those "defend this spot against the mob" kind of girl. I'm more of a sniper, trying to get foes one at the time, luring them away from the mob, picking the last in line kind of girl. But, yes it is a lot easier, but the last two or three waves I think are still nasty.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Yeah, it always sucks when the enemy formations force you to alter the tactics you've used forever against every mob in PvE. I mean, my tactic is awesome: I click my party members one by one, and I press 2 on the keyboard. Never mind differing enemy bars, ranged vs. melee, casters vs. physicals - I just press 2.

And if just pressing 2 doesn't make every mob fall over dead, then by Dwayna there's something wrong with that mob/quest/mission/thing. And I'll be darned if I'm going to stand for that type of incompetence in WoC. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go re-map all my keyboard keys to all press 2 so I can streamline my winning by just bashing my fist/face/pet hamster on the keyboard continuously. 222222222222222222
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314