PC Gaming News
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    I'll make sure I check out Conall's Valley sometime soon. I haven't been to that part of the map yet, so I'd like to check it out. I'm trying to save up for a larger bag atm. Having half the storage space really blows. I can't carry anything because I keep running out of room.

I recently read that there's a rumor that Warhammer Online is going to announce a F2P version on the 6th. It's funny how everyone seems to be offering this as of late. I wonder if it's either the success that LOTR had doing this or they're scared about GW2?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Or that they can't keep players with a sub.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

No idea. They may just be using it as a "first one's free" drug kick to sucker people into them that otherwise wouldn't play. I mean, they're only going to have a certain market penetration because a lot of people are turned off by mmos. They have a pretty bad stigma about them.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    WAR has had some kind of F2P for awhile now. It's just one of those stupid "You can only play up to X level" ones - ie. Not F2P.

It's also not a good game.

Achievements:
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

I read that the rumor is going to be beyond that lvl 10 restriction thing. If it's true, we'll know in a couple of days.

How can it be bad if there's elves in it? Dark elves to!

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    It's also not a good game.
    Only if you dont l2p.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyours Shesmine View Post
    Only if you dont l2p.
    Out of curiosity, have they nerfed Witch Elves? Or are they still one-shotting everything in the game?

Out of curiosity, have they nerfed Witch Elves? Or are they still one-shotting everything in the game?
    Pretty sure they nerfed them a long time ago, when I left it was all about the bomb groups. The human spellcasters aoe, and the dark elf (or w/e they were) spellcasters aoe were crazy for a while, but then their range was nerfed and could no longer stack to the point where someone would die from walking over a spot (usually a doorway of a keep). So then the spellcasters took short range high damage aoe and ran into everything blowing it all up.

Anyway, I had some fun moments in world pvp, but I wouldn't call it good. It encouraged killing pve enemies in a pvp environment, running away from enemy players, and waiting at places you'd killed npcs just in case some players wandered by (for about half an hour+). Coupled with all the bugs, such as no enemies being in areas where there should be; ones you have to kill to progress in a dungeon/quest), terrain issues such as falling through the ground, jumping into a keep that you weren't supposed to get into without breaking down a door (the doors were stupid btw), and the horrible loot attribution system (yay, I'm a tank, I don't get items but have to get them to do my job), oh and I've heard that recently you can destroy rams (only thing that can really break down a defended keep door) by using a defensive weapon and tapping fire at the right moment, one shot and the ram is broken... it all adds up to a bad game.

They've also gotten rid of forts, made the city way easier (ok, that I actually don't mind) and made you pay to be able to pvp effectively. RR81-100 requires money, as does a faster mount etc. They made the RR leveling (up to 80) a LOT faster though, yay. Oh, did I mention they had an issue in the past where they billed some people multiple times on accident? Not just once or twice either, several times from one month. No wonder they're down to two servers in the US, closed all their French servers, and have a total of hmm... 5?

Which is why they're now allowing cross realming, yay. Yes, they do lock you out for 8 hours or so between changing from one realm to the other... which is funny because apparently there's a bug where people are getting locked out on one faction without even having a character on the other one. Yay for lockouts.

All this so you can put up with elitist attitude like you heard from Imyours. Seriously, the community is horrible, although I did find a good guild and there were times that I got along with a lot of the players, but then a server would get rolled into ours and the whining/trolling/bragging/etc commenced. No one would admit that the flaws in the game were well, gamebreaking, and pointing them out made you a noob. Of course, the worst time was when the pvp server got rolled into ours, because being from a pvp server automatically made them better than everyone. It was shortly after another server got rolled into ours so they lumped us all together, which stunk because there actually were a lot of bad players (imo) from the last transfer. I think that's actually what got me to quit, my guild got sick of it so they went to a new server, and I didn't want to level from 1 to 40 again as I'd just got my second character up to 40 with max crafting stats on badlands.

So yeah, overall bad game regardless of whether you "l2p".
    Last edited by djacob; 06-07-2011 at 03:07.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    They took out forts??? Why? Those were like the towers in the middle of the forest you could bump into and help turn the tide of battle, right? That was like the best part of the game.

They took out forts??? Why? Those were like the towers in the middle of the forest you could bump into and help turn the tide of battle, right? That was like the best part of the game.
    I think you're referring to keeps, forts were the last defense before the city was invaded. It had maximum amounts for defenders and attackers because zones couldn't hold how many showed up for those. It went back and forth on how many could be in that zone, and it was extremely apparent when those numbers changed, as it went from brutal slaughters of the defenders and back to the point where the attackers couldn't do it even if the defense wasn't capped (which it was about 90% of the time, unless two zones were pushed and both were being attacked).

I believe they took them out because people were annoyed as they couldn't get the loot from the city. However, I quit right around that time and don't remember the exact explanation.

Btw, should probably take this to pms soon if no one else joins in. Getting slightly off topic. To keep this post on topic, I will mention that the "F2P" thing for warhammer turned out to bite them, or I assume it did from what I read. Badlands got a lot of people doing F2P on it's server, so much so that maintenance couldn't be kept up with, so they made all the F2Pers transfer to a different server and made it a non-F2P zone. Might sound like a good thing because it meant more people who might go P2P, but it sounded like most were people who used to P2P and got sick of spending money on it. Also, I'm not sure that they automatically transferred people or just let them do it themselves. The potential issue here is that they never delete old characters, which is good for those who do come back, but they've attributed a lot of the lag/crashes/maintenance to the data of these old characters. Maybe they've changed this process since then as I haven't heard anyone complain about lag recently. Of course, I also don't look much anymore, not since the rr81+ pack that you have to buy.
    Last edited by djacob; 06-07-2011 at 04:11.