PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)

Dervish, worth playing one? (already played all 9 other classes)

As many of you know I purchased a few mule slots a few weeks back. So now I made a Dervish, which I had never played before.

I had played all 9 other classes in GW to more than level 20. I played more than enough to know what each class is about.

Classes I enjoyed:
    Necromancer (favorite!)
    Elementalists
    Assassin
    Warrior
    Ranger

Classes I didn't enjoy:
    Monk
    Paragon
    Mesmer
    Ritualist

I made a Dervish, and she is level 3 now. However I find it hard to motivate myself to play her to a higher level. There just doesn't seem to be anything in the Dervish that I hasn't done with the other 9 classes.

My question is, is there anything new about the Dervish? Is there anything I had been missing out by never playing a Dervish? Should I just leave her at level 3, or should I explore her more?

Motive me to play, or tell me it isn't worth it.
    Last edited by CHIPS; 30-06-2011 at 05:51.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Nah.

lol actually they're pretty good now. They're not at all like those heal/support classes.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

They are probably still good at running haven't ran in mine in while over all I ma still trying to think of good skill combo since the update.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Leave her at level 3. Maybe you'll get an urge to try out that profession again in some weeks, and then she's there, ready and waiting. Well, at level 3, you might as well just delete her though.

My last attempt at trying out Dervishes went almost exactly like yours, by the way. I ended up deleting her.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I'd say play her more, get more skills to play with. You can't have a lot being only lvl3!

I find some classes always fun to play (ranger, necro) and some only at certain times (assassin, warrior, dervish). It depends on how I feel.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Do what you think is fun. I agree if you played all the other 9, dervish isn't much new. I like their dancing though.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I also like some of their moves. It just looks awesome (just as that jumping, turning, twisting thing the assassin does...)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think a dervish is most fun to play as PBAoE, with high self-sufficiency. Unlike warrior who depends on his team to function, or the assassin who is more focused on single-target hit&run tactics, the dervish excels at pressuring groups of foes. Emphasis on groups of foes, if you're not hitting 3 foes, you're doing it wrong.

If you understand that, then you can start appreciating what the derv does well. The gameplay is about keeping yourself functional, and going nuts on clumps of foes.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    just because it's a derv doesn't mean you can't take advantage with your secondary, try derv/war and play around with a scythe/tactic combo.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Of course, you could go assassin/scythe or warrior/scythe, and not really need to play derv. My view though is that most professions are best enjoyed using their primary skills.

Exceptions include N/Rt to heal, or Rt/N to summon minions.

So, if you want to enjoy derv at its fullest, learn to scythe with it, and learn to use enchants, especially the stack/strip bonuses.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about