PC Gaming News
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    armor slows you down, weapons also slows you down.
    a good martial artist can take down any heavy armored enemy, there are always weak points in the armor and the MA is just to fast for the heavy armored person to keep up.

so no, maybe more difficult to take down, but by far a better advantage.
    I would really suggest you go back read up on medieval warfare during the darkages.Heavy Armoured (Warrior) were Knights and had sword that could go right through persons body.The most feared Warrior of them all was the Viking Berserker who would feel no pain and can attack at faster rates.

When it comes down to martial arts they use only the nachas and spiked stars nothing else.This is those trained in the Martial Arts in Kung Fu.They still could take on the above.You are very wrong.

Alaris it is Bruce Lee not Jet.

Back on topic just bring back the Monk period as a buffer and another attacker as a scholar just forget the eewww guardian.
    Last edited by Age; 20-07-2011 at 21:39.

It could be either Age.

Both Bruce Lee and Jet Li are both martial artists as well as movie actors.

Jet Li

Bruce Lee

I still wouldn't use anything coming out of either actors movies as proof that a bare handed technique is capable of defeating a weapon technique. As has been mentioned, the reason weapons proliferated is because they are more efficient at destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    In a desperate attempt to go back to topic...

I haven't spent much time on low armor melee types in GW1... I did a bit of necro farming, ele earth farming, but that's about it. No rit melee, no mesmer melee... and I don't intend to do that either in GW2.

Guardian will do the bulk of melee combat, with ranger doing a bit too. Other profs I'll play (i.e. ele, eng, nec) will remain at ranged even if they have melee options.
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm likely to play a lot more ranged than up close for all characters, but this is an area of curiosity for me, how some of the close range spellcaster/melee adventurer characters will play.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    I would really suggest you go back read up on medieval warfare during the darkages.
    This one?

Spoiler

Alaris it is Bruce Lee not Jet.
    I was going to put Bruce Lee, then went for one that may be better known to a younger audience (Jet Li). I guess I mess up my Lee's.

Big fan of both, especially the more recent one on account of being more recent.

Back on topic just bring back the Monk period as a buffer and another attacker as a scholar just forget the eewww guardian.
    Oh hell no, I do love my guardian, he's one of two competing for my main (the other being engineer).

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I View Post
    As has been mentioned, the reason weapons proliferated is because they are more efficient at destruction.
    Not that I really believe it, but here's a devil's advocate argument. It's easier for a noob to learn to use weapons and armor and be somewhat effective in combat. But the more you train, the less the need for weapons and armor. So if you want an army, then you'd want weapons and armor. But the best warriors, might go without it.

Again, I want to emphasize that I don't believe the argument... I'm sure the best warriors will use weapons and armor given the choice, except if they want to humiliate the opponent. They wouldn't take that chance against another master.

Quote Originally Posted by Minionman View Post
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm likely to play a lot more ranged than up close for all characters, but this is an area of curiosity for me, how some of the close range spellcaster/melee adventurer characters will play.
    I like variety, and I have to admit being curious how the earth ele will work, as that one seems more high armor with closer-ranged attacks. Necro also has many melee options afaik.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i never ever suggested that ether of them are doing things for real nor did i ever said that i beleave what they do in movies is real.
    i just implied that having a weapon doesn't automatically means you win, it has everything to do with the person holding the weapon and the unarmed fighter fighting him/her.

and age, you're thinking western culture, a MAist is for the most part eastern.
    you can't compare a master of kung fu to a templar, they fight completely different and there goals have a completely different road, not to mention the distance of the two.

sigh...amateurs
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Case in point:

The movie does explain why he has these superpowers, it's kinda the central theme of the movie.

While at it...

Last edited by Alaris; 21-07-2011 at 16:57.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I made the fight club thread so we can take it over there...

just for fun!

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=498328

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Ok, so we should get back to topic then...

Something I'd love in GW1 (but unfortunately cannot do) is be able to change range. For those melee profs, I'll generally carry a melee and a ranged weapon, just so I can switch between the two for fun.
    == Alaris & clone ==

GWOnline.Net Member
    Guild

Cold Steel Brigade
    I do use a range weapon on my warriors and dervishes specifically for pulling targets. I mostly work only with the heroes and henchmen, so when I need to pull, I have to be able to do it.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I have a longbow (or flatbow) on every character for pulling, but it'll be nice to have a ranged option on melee chars for actual damage for a change.

I do enjoy switching roles, it's just too bad that most MMOs try to force you into a given role, and I am sooooo looking forward to GW2 because it's not going that way.
    == Alaris & clone ==