GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    @Lady: humans tend to be over-represented. I will have 1 of each race, except for 2 sylvaris. I would skip humans entirely, but I want to see their story too much.

I'm really excited about asura and sylvari, but I don't see having more than one asura. They're cute and all, but the arrogance conflicts with my persona. As is, my asura will be ranger, and quite a bit more modest than usual asura if I can help it. I am much more interested in the sylvari's curious and playful persona.

Norn and charr are casters (mesmer and necro respectively), the idea here being the contrast between large body size and playing as an intellect squishy magic-user.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i am planning an asura guardian, even if it's just to see an asura swing a great sword ^_^
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    My asura ranger understands you, and will be wielding a greatsword as well.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    My main will be a ranger, she'll be a decendant of one of my girls, but not Rhonwyn. But she'll try to emulate that distant relative of her. Norn and Charr I simply don't see myself play (maybe during one of the betas) because I prefer smaller characters (always have, even in Baldur's Gate did I create my characters as small as possible!)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    GW1: W/R

GW2: ?

I guess a GW2 Ranger can emulate the old W/R combination, so it could be used to revive Sword/Shield/Pet. But would that be a good idea? Perhaps I should try something completely different. I always hoped I'd had a decision by now...

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    your first is only assured when you have a favorite prof in GW1, beyond that it's simply guess work.

sorudo.9054

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    GW1: PvE: Everything, PvP: Elementalist, Warrior, Mesmer, Monk, Necromancer, Assassin.

GW2: PvE: Everything, PvP: Elementalist, Thief, Warrior, Guardian, ???.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Necro.

Uh, this would be my profession of choice in GW and it most certainly has been the most fun for me in the beta. So, there you go. Necro is what I'll play.

Didn't get to test rangers though and that's a close second in my book. My main was pretty much /R most of the time. I only swapped secondaries when a particular mission couldn't be done with my trusty pet, Latrodectus.

Thief was fun though. And it had some of my favourite animations from the assassin class, though updated to the new physics. I rather liked that.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    My main will be a ranger, she'll be a decendant of one of my girls, but not Rhonwyn. But she'll try to emulate that distant relative of her. Norn and Charr I simply don't see myself play (maybe during one of the betas) because I prefer smaller characters (always have, even in Baldur's Gate did I create my characters as small as possible!)
    I'll eat my words here...

During the press beta, I played Charr. And loved it. During the first public beta, I played Norn and also very much liked it...

So, first girl: Lady Rhonwyn, Human Ranger. Noble birth and all!

Second girl: [Name unknown], Norn Guardian.

Third boy/girl: [Name unknown], Charr [profession unknown]

As it appears we'll be getting 5 slots, the fourth will be Asuran, and the fifth Sylvari, professions and genders still unknown. So far, I've ruled out the engineer as one of the original set. Thief, Mesmer, Necromancer, Elementalist and Warrior still need to be researched.

* All information above can and will be changed during the beta's until final release and probably even after!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    when i played the necro in the BWE i just couldn't keep my eyes of her, goddammit what a fun profession.
    well, you can see it in my blog, no need to repeat :P

sorudo.9054