GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i own 7 swords and 2 daggers, one of the daggers is double bladed

GW: necromancer, ritualist, ranger

i just love the dark mages concept and the necro was my first choice on the matter, really my favorite profession of all GW.
    i like my rit because i just can't stand playing a pri ele, this prof however is all i ever wanted.
    it has the dark mages aspect like the necro but also the mixture nature in bind spirits, they are spirits but work a bit like ranged minions.
    the ranger because i really like the lone wolf kind of profession, the bow is just a classic and combinding it with a rit power makes things all the more fun

GW2: necromancer, ranger.

as i said the necro is my favorite, so it's a first win anyway.
    i will take ot for another reason, i have a backstory for my necro to see what happened after GW1 and it ends up having her immortal till 2 months of GW2.
    the ranger because i would just like to see how things go, i might not agree with the pet but i have always found a way around everything so why worry now.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GW1: Warrior (big domages!), necro (for PvE, having infinite energy is fun :D)

GW2: thief (big domages!), undecided, maybe warrior maybe a support class (guardian?) not engineer, or just the most OP thing there currently is ^^

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    gw1: monk, monk, monk

gw2: guardian, mesmer if there's a good inspiration (healing) spec.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    GW1: Monk, Dervish

GW2: Guardian, Ele and Mesmer

I dunno, the guardian seems to be the closest to monk that is going to be in gw2, so that's the main rationale for that.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    GW1: Mesmer, Mesmer, monk/rit, assassin.

GW2: I have no idea. I haven't played it.

GW1: Ranger, paragon, monk, assassin. I like support roles (I play my ranger more like a minion master than a proper ranger nowadays), but some days I just have the urge to stab stuff in the face with no regard for defense.

GW2: Ranger, guardian, engineer. The changes to ranger pets probably breaks my top five reasons why I'm looking forward to GW2. Elementalist and warrior are up there too, but more because I have specific characters in mind for those professions rather than I like the professions themselves.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    GW1: Rit, Ranger
    GW2: Engineer, Necro, Ranger

gw1:
    Mesmer, Ritualist, Ranger, Elementalist

gw2:
    Mesmer, engineer, guardian/warrior

I think my gw2 list will be like this, but I first have to experience all the classes myself before I can judge whether or not I will play them. I was not a big fan of the warrior profession in gw2. But somehow they do seem fun to play in gw2. Same goes for guardian.

Overall, I think I'll have a tough time deciding which profession I like best in gw2. They all seem so much more engaging compared to gw1.

When GW1 was anticipated, I was looking forward to playing a Mesmer, the ideas and concepts were intriguing. However when I did start to play...my first main character was an Elementalist, then a Ranger and finally a Paragon. I never did manage to play a Mesmer, it just does not match my playstyle.

For GW2 I am anticipating the Engineer and the Guardian. Who knows what I'll actually end up playing!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i own 7 swords and 2 daggers, one of the daggers is double bladed
    I should mention that I am trained in the art of swordmastery and archery. Also, unarmed combat, use of sai (which I also have), bo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scutilla View Post
    GW2: Ranger, guardian, engineer. The changes to ranger pets probably breaks my top five reasons why I'm looking forward to GW2.
    Wait, can you explain what changes to pets you like/dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by Nohjo View Post
    I was not a big fan of the warrior profession in gw2. But somehow they do seem fun to play in gw2. Same goes for guardian.
    Nice thing with both of those is that they have gameplay options besides melee combat. I like how warrior can be ranged only if he wants... and how Guardian can be ranged only, or support.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about