PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    GW1:
    PvE - Ritualist, Assassin
    PvP - Mesmer, Ranger

GW2:
    I am not sold on any of the classes, but I am most looking forward to:
    Ranger, Thief, Warrior and potentially the Mesmer.
    I was expecting for the Assassin 2.0 to be my class of choice in GW2, but the Thief loses so many points due to the insanely limited selection of weapons that he has, that I have found myself looking at the Ranger and the Warrior more often because of it.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I can't say that there is a profession that I don't want to play. I'll probably skip on warrior and thief, but mainly because I already have guardian and ranger in my top 5, and let's face it, playing 5 characters will already take a lot of time out of my RL.

If you think thief has too few weapons to choose from, you should look at the engineer. But admittedly, the thief should have more weapons to choose from given he is a martial class.

I'd go with the ranger instead if I wanted to play rogue-ish, but then so far the pet seems almost manditory, so that would be the issue. The warrior, as far as I can tell, has ranged options that greatly limit his ability to shoot on the move... that'd be the main reason I'd go for ranger instead of warrior... both professions have lots to offer.
    Last edited by Alaris; 14-07-2011 at 15:12.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

The Engineer looks completely out of place for me. I can't stomach that guy - he's my least wanted guy atm and will probably also be when the game rolls into town.
    My biggest problem really is the fact that skills are tied to weapons - and I don't like most of the skills available. Currently my perfect set is sword+warhorn for the Ranger and everything else just pales in comparison. Plus the Ranger, being a medium guy, gets to wear this pretty:

So I am toying with the idea of having a PvE Ranger and Warrior and use the Thief for PvP.

GW1: Monk, Ranger, Ritualist

GW2: Ranger (played it, so I know I like that one), maybe Thief and Guardian.

There's nothing like the Monk in the game.
    The Ritualist was an easthetic love, I'll just dress up my Thief as a Rit if at all possible.
    For the rest I like splittable, ranged and mobile characters, so Ranger+Thief.
    Hate plate, but Guardian sounds interesting so I'm keeping an open mind.
    Unless weapon/attunement switching is a lot of fun I don't see me falling for other classes.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by upier View Post
    The Engineer looks completely out of place for me.
    Bad news, as an engineer I can wear the same armor as your thief. ;)

Plus I get to use a shield with pistol if I want, instead of dual pistol. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Hate plate, but Guardian sounds interesting so I'm keeping an open mind.
    You mean you hate plate mail? Well, judging from GW1, there will probably be lots of armor art for high armor that don't involve plate. In fact:

== Alaris & clone ==

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I see the thief as a physical mesmer, to be honest. A lot of mobility, yes, but also a lot more dependent on disables etc. I can see a lot of mesmer lovers liking the thief.
    The thief played nothing like the GW1 mesmer fwiw. If I had to compare it to a GW1 class, I'd say it was most similar to the assassin although they are really still worlds apart.
    ~Bella Sera~
    PAL it up!
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by bellissima View Post
    The thief played nothing like the GW1 mesmer fwiw. If I had to compare it to a GW1 class, I'd say it was most similar to the assassin although they are really still worlds apart.
    Maybe more similar to a Crip-shot ranger?
    PRETTY PLEASE!?

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I should mention that I am trained in the art of swordmastery and archery. Also, unarmed combat, use of sai (which I also have), bo, etc.
    i my self did some jujitsu a while back, after that i trained technict to suit my own style.
    i was pretty flexible until i got the job i have now, now i need to focus more on a strong but fast and steady kind of style. (i really don't like to use it, it can easily crush a rib >_<)
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I want to learn ways to disable opponents without inflicting a lot of damage... seems the only defense I know in RL focuses on high dps. But we're getting off-topic.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I've been learning to box the last bunch of months. As someone who had never thrown a punch before in his life, it's been a ton of fun. Side effect: When I have a few drinks in me, I find myself itching for a fight.

In any event, my boxing teacher says he always tries not to get into fights, but if he has to fight someone, you gotta fight like you want to kill the person because they'd probably kill you if they could.