PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

*sigh* Been Hacked.

Hey folks, it appears my guildwars account has been hacked. I had been super busy with work over the last month so last time I logged in was about 1 month ago, give or take. Upon trying to login today my password didn't work...
    I was pretty positive I had the pass right, but went and reset it and tried again, and got the message my account was terminated for gold or item selling for real world money.

I've emailed support and will hopefully get my account back.

I have no idea what the hacker did using my account, hopefully no trouble was caused for the alliance.

Ugh, and IF I get my account back, there goes the collection of tormented shields I was building to outfit a set of heroes with :(

If anyone experienced any interaction with "me" in the last month, it wasn't me.

Ohferchristsakes... I went to the new guildwars support forum but can't login to it because my guildwars account is banned. Brilliant... so a person who gets hacked and gets their password reset can't access the freakin support forums...

Instead of playing guildwars I'm playing the waiting game... waiting for support.

yay.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I'm so sorry egg =(

Email support rather, and make sure you have all key codes handy dandy.

I hope you get your account back. *hug*

Sent from my G2. lulz what typos?

Thanks Raye.

I did email them right away, but had wanted to get on the support forum as well... but can't.

And weirdly, when I'm logged into my NCsoft account and check my GW in there it says my account status is "playable".

Yeah, it's "playable" if the game is try and login then read the "account terminated" message.

Grr.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    That really sucks Egg :(

Although a good thing that the account was banned, because that means the hackers cannot do any further damage. As long as you still have your keys you should get your account back fine.

Also, I have not noticed any trouble caused by "you" in alliance. I guess that hackers want to keep a low profile, they probably even use the "log in as offline" feature.

Well thats good Lensor, glad to hear "I" wasn't causing any trouble.

I'm glad the hacker didn't try and sell my guild at least...

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I'm so sorry to hear that!

And if it had tried to sell the guild, you'd probably have heard about it much sooner (we would have noticed!)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Btw Egg, if you need anything, gold, items or something along those lines when you get your account back, feel free to PM me... I probably can't offer much, but every bit should help, right?

Support asked for info to verify, I couldn't give me game keys (they're buried somewhere in storage) but gave them the rest of the info so hopefully thats enough or I have to go to storage and start digging through boxes.

Lady Rhonwyn: thanks, i'm glad you're not able to sell back guildhall additions, thats for sure.

Raye: thank ya darlin :) I'll be fine whether I have gear or not. I was probably gettin soft, growing too dependent on wearing armor and having weapons anyways. lol.

on the bright side, it would be like being a newb again, I'd be excited by any drops I got "OMG a Blue below max sword, sweet!"

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    The one thing that hurt the most was the fact that some ******* had touched my account with its filthy claws...

And also that pieces of armour with unique colours were salvaged...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)