GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Good luck with that, buddy. I've got a bunch of greens and golds in my stash you're free to pillage from to help you get on your feet again (even if you sell them, I have no idea why I kept them as I still use /bonus items).

Let's hope for a quick recovery and not much lost.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Well, having had my account locked due to suspicious activity, I can say that because you are getting the message you are, it sounds like Anet or whoever caught the activity. Luckily when I got my account back (only took 2 days), nothing had been touched. I'm not sure what would have been done on my account for that. I'm just trying to give you some reassurance.

Well, got my account back!

I smoothly went from 700k+ in the bank, my torm shield collection, 2 dozen black dyes, almost no room on any character for anything, and fully outfitted heroes to...

Stripped naked characters, all heroes stripped of all runes and weapons even, and 3086 gold in the vault.

Ironically, my main had his birthday during the time the account was locked by Anet, so all he had on him was an upopened B-day present, which of course was a worthless white :) lol

I do have some random weapons, customized stuff they couldn't sell and a few greens I didn't have in the first place. oh, and 9 fur squares is my whole materials collection.

But at least the account is back.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Gratz on getting the account back, with at least no characters deleted (right?)

And may I ask, why did you have 700+k in the bank?!? I can't seem to keep money for any amount of time.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I'm glad you got it back eggy. Sucks they took everything =( *hug*

Also, 700k?! I would probably spend that on armor in no time hehe.

Sent from my G2. lulz what typos?

I just only ever bought armors I really liked or was forced to (for the hall) so that kind of eliminated a lot of expenditure. I used to just keep the bank full and spend everything that was above that. Till recently when I bought a few hundred k worth of consumables for Sis Ang. I used to take newbs and buy them armor to help. thats about all I used the cash for.

It's sad seeing the empty storage, I had over 600 dyes, and a full page of tomes with a few of every kind at least. :(

Now I embark on my new life as a naked Dervish who still has his dedicated Torm shield and a Cyndyr's edge I think...

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Glad to hear you got the account back and that no characters were deleted. At least in GW it is not very costly to get max armors and weapons, so you will be back up to working condition in no time. Bling will take longer though..

But, as for Rhon, the worst part for me was not the loss of stuff but knowing someone had their dirty hands on my characters. Oh, and that they deleted my inventory bags and druid armor dyed original purple. Stuff like that you can never get back :(

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Hey Egg, have you checked your computer for keyloggers and the like?

I'm wondering how it happened... I know there was a bit of a vulnerability with this site not too long ago where they had emails and hashed pw posted publicly online, so I guess that could have been it too?

being a computer tech for about a decade, my system is generally pretty damn secure. Regular scans with antvirus, anti-malware programs, seek and destroy etc....

So I was shocked that my account got compromised.

Still, a costly experience. 700k in coin, 4 or 5 torm shields (so around 500k value there), around a million at least for the armors that I had, (thats probably conservative), just black and white dyes were around 300-350k worth, elite tomes of every type (and loads of regulars) had to be around 300k worth at least, 10 characters who all had equipment packs of varying sizes, and whose inventories were all above half full with items of decent value, runes/insignias/inscriptions had to be at least 500k value... I had somewhere between 20-50 ectos (can't recall exactly) and a about 2 dozen shards if I recall right, stacks of other mats. jeebus.

It's daunting how much it would really all add up to.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Yes, better not to think of it...

Nowadays I spend money almost as fast as I get it, and customize/dedicate/put in HoM as soon as possible.