Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Weren't Mesmers revealed super late in the game for GW 1?

@Sorudo: The child in you is a freaky, murderous, little black boy who looks a little like a ventriloquist doll?
    just the emotion man
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    the adult in me is saying "interesting, the child however....
    Is that kid happy because he has cake or because he has a knife?

Ok... Anet is following the professions pattern ... Reveal new stuff sooner and keep one older stuff for later.

Would NOT work here...love the mesmers but don't really give a rats $$$ about asura.

Yayyyyyyy for sylravi release....booooo for not revealing last profession.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanisaurus View Post
    But ... But ... But ... What about our last profession?

Still good to hear about the Sylvari
    The last profession is Gardener!

Masters of biological mayhem, the gardener is a nature-themed scholar profession. They rip through battle with deadly poisons; if one is lucky enough to stalk past their carnivorous plants, there's still the worry of biological warfare, insects and roots. They are naturally difficult to predict, using elixirs of random effects and their ability to switch skills on the fly. If a gardener is encountered, be cautious and never underestimate the power of their satchels.

They wanted to release at the same time as sylvari, because the sylvari is the race that brought to fore this profession.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline.Net Member
    Guild

Cold Steel Brigade
    What really scares me is that during the Q&A panel there at comic con they said the final profession was really controversial. This scares me, and has me thinking maybe we won't get the mesmer and instead will get something totally different. Frag it all, I might just go nuclear if its not mesmer.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    There's plenty of controversy regarding the last profession... (biases intended)

1) those who know it's the mesmer, vs those who say it's not been proven beyond doubt just yet
    2) those who know they'll wield guns, vs those who think they won't
    3) controversy regarding interrupts, hexes, etc and how mesmers will work with or without those
    4) of course, we have no idea what the profession-specific mechanic will be
    5) and whether non-mesmers should be allowed to dress as well as mesmers
    == Alaris & clone ==

Quote Originally Posted by Khanisaurus View Post
    What really scares me is that during the Q&A panel there at comic con they said the final profession was really controversial. This scares me, and has me thinking maybe we won't get the mesmer and instead will get something totally different. Frag it all, I might just go nuclear if its not mesmer.
    I think they meant that there was speculative controversy about what the last profession might be, not that the last profession IS one that will be controversial. At least that's how I heard it.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    They can't just stand up and say "oh yeah forum adepts totally figured out what the last profession is". Other than what I said above, I really don't see controversy about this.

And all signs point to mesmer as the last profession. If it's anything else, I'll eat my bra. (I should be safe, because I don't own a bra... being a guy has some advantages)
    == Alaris & clone ==

A question I have since I haven't seen the video yet (and won't until this evening) is what exactly they said about how the last class is controversial. If it's just how it's being debated than nothing new, if it's in a "people are going to do spit takes when we announce it" then yeah that's significant.

Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    There's plenty of controversy regarding the last profession... (biases intended)

1) those who know it's the mesmer, vs those who say it's not been proven beyond doubt just yet
    2) those who know they'll wield guns, vs those who think they won't
    3) controversy regarding interrupts, hexes, etc and how mesmers will work with or without those
    4) of course, we have no idea what the profession-specific mechanic will be
    5) and whether non-mesmers should be allowed to dress as well as mesmers
    I'll agree with #1 as I just can't think of anything else it would be, but #2... where's it been said that they'll get guns? They're going to be a scholar profession (no way can that be debated) and no other scholar profession has gotten a gun or bow. It's been shown so far that there is one class that can use guns but not bows, one class that can use bows but not guns (which they said way back when if you forget, even though they didn't say only one could it was implied), one class that could use pistols and shortbows, and one class that could use rifles and longbows.

Although they could break from tradition, there is no evidence whatsoever that they will. The only non-scholar that uses magic does not use guns or bows, which seems to say that magic and guns/bows do not mix. This points to a third scholar that does not use guns or bows. Sorry.

The only other thing I want to point out is that all scholars will have access to all scholar armors, and we've seen some fairly mesmerlike armor already so yeah, if they're mesmers they will get some good looking armor (if you count mesmer armor from gw1 as good, which most seem to).