PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    [QUOTE=Alaris;5716834]Warrior gets to use longbow and rifle. Thief has pistols and shortbow. Or did you mean staff/scepter doesn't mix with other ranged weapons (dagger being the exception)?[Quote]

The physical ranged/magical split is what the poster above you is talking about, and is something I've noticed as well.

Also, daggers on casters aren't really physical ranged weapons as far as I can see, they are in setting terms used similarly to focuses and staffs, rather than being thrown.

Keep in mind that mesmers may need more flexibility in their skill choices, so they may end up having more weapon choices. I would not be surprised to see scepter, daggers, and pistols.
    Even if they do "need more skills", there are plenty of weapons available (torches and warhorns I can easily imagine, swords are certainly likely from the profession shadow, other melee weapons certainly work.) As I've mentioned in other threads, the type of magic a mesmer uses doesn't fit well with opistols, certainly not as well as it would on other casters, and those other casters were not given pistols as an option.

Finally so want to see sylvari! It's been a contender for main character for a while, it really depends on the redesign (and of course, racial skills).
    It will certainly be useful to see sylvari for planning character creation (If I get the game, a couple characters would definitely be Sylvari).

I'd so prefer chronomancer, but not gonna happen.
    Personally, I don't see chronomancers as being that interesting in game. In setting terms, they no doubt are a cool idea, but when I imagine what sort of skills they have, the ideas end up quite limited unless the idea of time manipulation is stretched quite far. (Something like a time/space manipulator, on the other hand, seems to add a lot more possibilities.)

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    You know, I'm really surprised that no one has brought up this lively character with talking about the Sylvari.

I give you, Swamp Thing.

i am no fan of DC comics but:
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE

Took way too long to find one that wasn't anime style, cosplay, them posing seductively, or them making out. Pervy Internet denizens.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    I'm sure Alex Ross has done one. I had a quick look but, didn't find any.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Guild

MVOP
    If the sylvari are just green pointy eared humans I'll be very dissapointed

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by EnoughAlready View Post
    Kristen Perry said something about finding a good mixture between something very beautiful and elegant and a treant, so I expect some sort of "slider" at character creation to increase the "plant factor", e.g. increase the leaves/vines on the skin or how "distorted" the limbs are. I also expect some sort of indicator to match the appearance with the "seasons". Spring => small leaves/vines; winter => no leaves/vines. I also think they added a very distinctive feature to the Sylvari, like the Charr's four ears, the Asura's three digits etc.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    if actually watched to comiccon interview you would have known that they try to make a mix between an elf and an ent.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think more of a slider between tree bark and soft leafy. Hopefully, they didn't tree males and leaf females, that'd be sad.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    and even *gasp* blobs.
    Norgu says he does not appreciate that, and he'd show you how much as soon as he finishes at the buffet table.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughAlready View Post
    That's pretty much how they originally looked. I think Anet wants to get away from that whole "elf in everything but name" look.
    Last edited by Feannag; 26-07-2011 at 19:09.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    rofl I was talking about blobby.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about