PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    You should. It's close to something I would have said, except I would have done so more colorfully.
    In AMERICAN colours no doubt, red, white and especially blue.

People don't understand what democracy is supposed to be good for. It's not for electing suitable people to govern us, because guess what? Such people don't exist. There is not a single person in the entire world who is fit for the responsibility of handling the millions of citizens a country might have.

Look, asshats will elevate to positions of power no matter what. And don't assume for a second that there's a difference between them, either - I mean sure, there are various amounts of retardedness in the people that govern us, but some African dictator isn't really any worse than your average, democratically elected prime minister. The difference, and this is crucial, about a democracy is that it allows us to replace the very worst idiots with other idiots if they start to mess up things too much. It's not even that the new dregs would be any better than the old ones. It's just that as long as the current morons fear getting replaced, they'll behave. That is the sum total of what democracy is good for.

Do you think congressmen fears the people who voted for them anymore?

That seems about accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    What you Americans need is more Canadians voting in your elections. It'll help balance out the media bias and the nonsense.
    Along with the Beauty Pageant Secret Police, or BPSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    That seems about accurate...
    Actually, considering the amount of work that went into it, not really. That's one of those jobs Americans won't do, mebbe.

Actually, considering the amount of work that went into it, not really. That's one of those jobs Americans won't do, mebbe.
    What, you're accusing me of using too many (fake) URLs? Really?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    What, you're accusing me of using too many (fake) URLs? Really?
    It's only okay when HE does it.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1000 Experience Points
    I think the right-left-division between the two parties is severely hampering the USA's capability of solving problems. Neither of the parties is okay with compromises and the priority is not finding a solution but rather making THE OTHERSSSSsss... look bad.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhFrustration View Post
    I think the right-left-division between the two parties is severely hampering the USA's capability of solving problems. Neither of the parties is okay with compromises and the priority is not finding a solution but rather making THE OTHERSSSSsss... look bad.
    Not entirely true. The Democrats, whether in the spirit of bi-partisanship or lack of balls, have pretty much given the Republicans everything they've asked for during Obama's term.

while the people may have elected these self serving twits--they vote for--those that PAY them (and its not the people who elected them) are the ones who say how they vote--

you can try to vote them out of office...but the ones that replace them will be ...well those that PAY them will buy them out too.....ss, dd.
    (eg there really isnt any such thing as a non-corrupt politician--that is an oxymoron).

so yeah, the people who think that these congressmen are voting on their behalf are sorely mistaken.....and yes that will lead to that 84% disapproval rating.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
    Not entirely true. The Democrats, whether in the spirit of bi-partisanship or lack of balls, have pretty much given the Republicans everything they've asked for during Obama's term.
    True, true.

The funny thing about this is the way things seem to go in the government:
    1. Obama has an idea and presents it to the public and the congress or whatever decides the stuff.
    2. The Republican party wins the voting about the subject and therefore prevents Obama's idea from passing and getting executed.
    3. The voters of the Republicans start bashing Obama and the Democrats for not giving what they promised.

It seems to me that America needs some more parties and less division. Instead of the "infrared and ultraviolet" they now have they should have more "colours of the spectrum" in the political field.

First it's four years of the Democrats ruling, then four years of the Republicans, then the Dems, the Reps, over and over again. Of course the nation is not going to get anywhere, since everything the parties do in the office is hampering the actions of the other party.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhFrustration View Post
    True, true.
    The funny thing about this is the way things seem to go in the government:
    Yeah, that's exactly how the pattern goes. But also, that some of the Democrats (Blue Dog Dems) vote in favour of the Republican proposals because of their own self interests as well.

And so far, Obama has extended and maintained pretty much all of Bush's policies so far. Even the Health Care bill, while progressive by America's standards today, was based on an older Republican template of health care reform.

So what I'm saying, we don't even have two parties really. We have one completely dominating the other so it might as well be just the one party.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Along with the Beauty Pageant Secret Police, or BPSP.
    This again? Really, nothing better to say?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about