PC Gaming News
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s4nder View Post
    I really don't get the "honor" and "noble" aspects of sylvari. Both imply tradition and long history, the opposite of what sylvari are about.
    Honor I can imagine, but noble? They might talk noble, but another major aspect of the sylvari is their curiousity. And I wonder, do those two properties mix?
    Imagine the noblest person you can think of, and now imagine him looking around like a child and touching everything around him. Asking direct questions about mundane things. (Caith in the books behaves somewhat like this).

Not very noble.

...and pollen shakes from their flesh.
    Why would the Sylvari produce pollen if they do not procreate?

I loved the new video though, absolutely amazing. The music, and the atmosphere of the forest are epic.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    And I really, really hope we can climb to the top. :)
    I remember long, long ago Anet suggested climbing in GW2; from the looks of it, well, it doesn't really. I would love to climb though, it would make exploring so much more fun!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    You might be able to climb via stairs though. Or a wine circling the plant all the way to the top.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    You might be able to climb via stairs though. Or a wine circling the plant all the way to the top.
    Like the Norn mountain side to the giant frost wurm yes; hopefully; have toadstool stairs or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonora Windleaf View Post
    Really love the music in that last video... much more symphonic than GW1... just beautiful.
    More symphonic?

Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    More symphonic?
    Maybe that was the wrong word, since it's basically all symphonic. What I meant is that it's much more interesting and less ambient than the GW1 soundtrack. There's more stuff going on, and it works great as a Soundtrack. So far, everything I heard so far from GW2 is MUCH better than GW1, although GW1 also had it's moments (quite a lot from Factions is great).

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    I remember long, long ago Anet suggested climbing in GW2; from the looks of it, well, it doesn't really. I would love to climb though, it would make exploring so much more fun!
    i always do that in free games like perfect world, just to see if i can reach higher then anyone els ^_^
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

I think it would be cool, when player's Sylvari are born, they come from a pod that blossoms in real-time view of other players in the outpost.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    how do you know? have you tried?
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by djacob View Post
    You know what I'm ashamed of? Being of the same species as someone who can let off a rant like that on such a subject. It isn't the first time I've seen that either, which is why I knew to go look up actual numbers.

1. Mandarin Chinese - 882 million
    2. Spanish - 325 million
    3. English - 312-380 million
    4. Arabic - 206-422 million
    5. Hindi - 181 million
    6. Portuguese - 178 million
    7. Bengali - 173 million
    8. Russian - 146 million
    9. Japanese - 128 million
    10. German - 96 million

By your reckoning we should all go learn Chinese (or Spanish if you don't count Chinese due to the fact they're all in the same place or something).

Btw, Spanish is early to learn as well , though I haven't retained all that much from my school days I don't remember it being fairly easy.
    That's the numbers for native speakers. Check the numbers for people who know a language instead - far more than 300 million know English (and almost every Chinese citizen knows Mandarin, though they are not always native speakers of it).

Spanish is of fairly low difficulty, in general the Romance languages are easier to learn than the Germanic ones (English excluded) though.

There, now when I've told you how wrong you are, you just need to feel ashamed about yourself!

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    Of course.
    I just started reading the Mahabharata. Don't think I'd try reading the unabridged version in Sanskrit. It would take me a while. There's about chapters in it, just about dharma. yikes!

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Don't force a cleanup by the Green Team with this off topic language/localization talk. Please stay on topic

Gorani

On topic (from the Talk Tyria interview):

The Nightmare Court began during the time of the Secondborn sylvari (the second generation of sylvari born from the tree, about six or seven years after the Firstborn).
    That does imply waves of creation or at least some time frames in which the Pale Tree needed to produce Sylvari in larger numbers

about 23 years ago - Firstborn (twelve Sylvari, including Caithe and Faolain; 4 are the Elders that lead the cylces (Dawn, Noon, Dusk & Night; that leaves 6 Firstborn within the Grove or at least the limits of the forest, as only Caithe & Faolain have traveled outside the Sylvari lands)
    about 17 to 16 years ago - Secondborn (this is when the Nightmare Court started)

Even if the Pale Tree picked up speed at creating (player characters a created during a "day cycle", there might be less Sylvari out there than Norn.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."