PC Gaming News

Unhappy Lost Survivors Support group

Today I died and failed at getting the Survivor title, when I had 97% of it done... I needed to say it so I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread for others that have been through the same experience.

It hurts, I have been working on it for 2 months, doing only that in my game time... I started thinking about the Survivor title when I had collected a lot of XP from the Skill hunter title, and I died once at 30% done.

Anyway, I don't need the title for the reward level I want to achieve in the Hall of Monuments for Guild Wars 2, and now I can finally play stuff where I can die, so it is not bad. It just hurts...

So, has anyone else felt my pain? I am sure there are many out there...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I felt your pain, many, many times. Highest I got was 1000k before dying. But you know, it's fun to play it, so I keep making new ones anyway.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Getting Survivor on my main title-hunter (my Monkey Zeb) is a pain because he's used for XM a lot and I tend to die while saving Sab's @ss all the time xD

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Same problem as Arcanum... My main is UAX. Complete. The only thing she hasn't done is WoC. I want her to get that survivor title, but am afraid to start on it. She's too handy for those situations that don't require finesse!

Since the update, I haven't lost a survivor. And I never lost a survivor beyond around 300K (so, still at the start). I find trying to get a 0-death survivor still a challenge. And still a goal to get to. But I've lost count on how many times I've deleted and recreated one!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I lost an update survivor, and decided not try retry. Though I did keep from collecting quest rewards and turning in books if I died so I wouldn't have to start over.

I have 4 classic survivors already, I just am not motivated to grind it.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Only for my main, am I not sure if and how I'll get it. The others have so much to do, that getting LS should only be a matter of being careful...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

I can completely feel your pain I've had the same thing happen with 2 characters before the update and ended up deleting them both. I finally got the title pre update with my paragon being very careful and using some experience scrolls to speed it up as well as turning in some exp books from factions, NF and EOTN but it was still a real pain.

Since the update I finally got around to learning how to vaettir farm cause I've been going for the gold item ID title and completely by accident I got the LS title while doing the farm on my sin. I wish I had known years ago how easy it is to vaettir farm if I had I would have gone for the LS title along time ago on that character.