PC Gaming News

Poll: How will you chose your crafting professions?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    One small addition to the discussion:
    During the press beta, I had tailor & artificer and that worked pretty good, as the tailor needed jute and some leather and the artificer wood and ore. During the April BWE I chose armor smith and jeweller, which both needed ore in large amounts, so the two professions were in constant competition for "ingots".

Only got to about 50 in Tailor because I kept running out of crafting materials, so I'm wondering if the style will change at higher levels.
    I hope so, because so far I only know about recipes that used three out of the four slots on the crafting table. Perhaps component to the fourth slot will alter the style. Having only one style would be boring. I also hope that e.g. Sylvari can craft some of those race typical "bark & leaf" armors.
    Last edited by Gorani; 03-05-2012 at 21:55.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

I think finding crafting materials will become easier as we recognize what the nodes look like. I found myself running past some ore and trees because I didn't know what to look for at a glance.

For me, I think the obvious crafting choice to max first will be Tailor for inventory bags. After that all future characters can be "bagged up" quickly right at the start.

More capacity = longer runs = not dumping stuff to make room = more gold per pit stop :)

Hadder
    Krisanna Wilfire / Magi Stormsurge
    Last edited by Hadder; 08-05-2012 at 11:32.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Well, I only played a couple of hours during the stress test - however, I did raise tailoring past 100 and discovered 10 slot bag recipies at 75 :) as well as armor I can't wear for another few levels... - the easiest wool recipies are for level 25 armor, the somewhat harder ones (needing more materials and better insignias) are level 30.

The 10 slot bags can be crafted with the same properties as 8 slot ones, but they also need a rune of holding as a component. (can be bought at the crafting skill trainers and assistants.)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I found out that ingredients both have a difficulty level (the level your crafting profession must have) and a character level (the level your character must have before you can even pick it up at the trading post!)

I was browsing on the trading post and saw there was some oregano leaves in there. So, I bought it. But when I wanted to pick it up, I couldn't. I check the original selling item again and noticed there was a lvl20 requirement (I was 18). It doesn't say on the ingredient itself...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Server

Desolation
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], The Order of Encaboda [TOoE]
    In all likelihood I'll be using Armoursmith and Weaponsmith on my Guardian main.

My Engineer will probably stick with Huntsman and Jeweller.

Does anybody know if the crafting levels have anything to do with the enchanting Djinn fountain thing in Lion's Arch?

Unless they add BoP-style patterns or cooldowns for rare patters, there will be no benefit to having more than one character for each profession.

The most profitable should be jewelry and artifacts since they can be used by virtually any class.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Guild

Room For Improvement
    I will probably cover all of them but I think I will start with Tailor and artificer.

Server

Yak's Bend
    Guild

W A Space
    I have a feeling people arent going to like what im about to say...but dont judge, its just a thought. Dont hate on me too hard.

Lately I've been thinking that it would interesting if each character could only master one crafting disapline. This would force people to really think about how they play their characters. It might cause people to favor certain weapons based on what they can craft. It would also help the economy because you may have to buy your bow from someone else if you can't make it yourself, and in exchange, it might be easier to sell your staff because someone else can't craft it themselves. I just don't see how under the current system I would be buying and selling much, when, with a little hunting and gathering, I can make anything I may like or need. I may purchase supplies from others, but not actual items. By making them myself I gain xp and crafti experience. Not to mention the experience from going out to hunt down the supplies I need. This also might enchorage more people to purchase extra character slots, which is good for anet's bank accounts (and after what happened with 38 studios I think we all can agree that MMOs making money isn't a bad thing). I just think it would be more interesting and challenging if you had to really think about which crafting professions you take on.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Wolf View Post
    Lately I've been thinking that it would interesting if each character could only master one crafting disapline. This would force people to really think about how they play their characters. It might cause people to favor certain weapons based on what they can craft. It would also help the economy because you may have to buy your bow from someone else if you can't make it yourself, and in exchange, it might be easier to sell your staff because someone else can't craft it themselves. I just don't see how under the current system I would be buying and selling much, when, with a little hunting and gathering, I can make anything I may like or need. I may purchase supplies from others, but not actual items. By making them myself I gain xp and crafti experience. Not to mention the experience from going out to hunt down the supplies I need. This also might enchorage more people to purchase extra character slots, which is good for anet's bank accounts (and after what happened with 38 studios I think we all can agree that MMOs making money isn't a bad thing). I just think it would be more interesting and challenging if you had to really think about which crafting professions you take on.
    Your idea is sound, but largely irrelevant if they don't add soulbound, difficult to obtain patterns or cooldowns for the rare patterns/crafting materials similar to WoW. Otherwise, all that you need to do is build multiple characters at the same time and make all your own stuff. The only people buying from the auction house will be the lazy or ignorant.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    We already have a system where you can max all crafts on one character, perfect for those who are not alt-a-holics. I support that (no hate AJ Wolf, just personal preference). There should be a cost to maxing many, and to switching, but otherwise there should also be flexibility and some way to allow people to do what they what whether they have many mains or not.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about