PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92
  1. #1
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Lensor's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    7,859

    What feature would you "import" to GW2 from another game?

    As we all know here, GW2 is shaping up to be one kickass game. And ANet has always been open with how they are looking at other games for inspiration, not only in the MMO genre but all over. From FPS game lobbies to the Borderland-esque downed system.

    So, given what we know of GW2 today, what feature(s) would you like ANet to "borrow" from another game?

    Personally I would love to see a Charriocart minigame with unlockable cart skins.

  2. #2
    Class switching of the type seen in FPS games instead of having to have a PvE char when you just want to PvP.

  3. #3
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Mehtis's Avatar
    Server

    Gandara
    Guild

    Dii
    Posts

    11,162
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    Class switching of the type seen in FPS games instead of having to have a PvE char when you just want to PvP.
    Actually, this is something that I've considered as well. Or in the way that if you want to pvp, you have to make a new char every time you want to change roles.

    E.g. in TF2, switching chars is as easy as pressing a button and choosing one. Though in TF2, they have the same looks (hats notwithstanding) for each player of same class and choosing weapons takes only a few seconds, if you even want to switch them. But in GW2, there's different race/profession combos, skills, weapons, traits, attributes etc. to choose from. Templates help, but you need to invest more in to each character, so in that sense having to make one is more justified. And each profession should be capable of doing any job with right tweaking, so there's no need to switch to a demo to blow the sentries or medic to heal. But it can get annoying if you want to do an another class.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    in GW2, there's different race/profession combos, skills, weapons, traits, attributes etc. to choose from.
    So you click once for race and once for profession, and then you can use a PvP item screen like in GW1 to create gear. Setting your build can be done manually or via template.

  5. #5
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Mehtis's Avatar
    Server

    Gandara
    Guild

    Dii
    Posts

    11,162
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    So you click once for race and once for profession, and then you can use a PvP item screen like in GW1 to create gear. Setting your build can be done manually or via template.
    Then there's the looks. But if it's just a random pvp char that gets deleted the same day, a randomizer should do fine, with the option to fine tune.

  6. #6
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Art's Avatar
    Server

    Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

    TRUE
    Posts

    7,130
    A "Boss key".

    That'd be swell please-a-thank-you loverly Anet people.

    -Art

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    Then there's the looks. But if it's just a random pvp char that gets deleted the same day, a randomizer should do fine, with the option to fine tune.
    Looks aren't tied to class anymore. Racial skills are disabled in PvP. Allowing characters to switch classes in PvP isn't a UI problem and would be awesome.

  8. #8
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Lensor's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    7,859
    Looks are tied to weight class though. Or at least armor looks are. So you could not make an elementalist a warrior without also swapping out all his or her gear.

  9. #9
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Mehtis's Avatar
    Server

    Gandara
    Guild

    Dii
    Posts

    11,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Looks aren't tied to class anymore. Racial skills are disabled in PvP. Allowing characters to switch classes in PvP isn't a UI problem and would be awesome.
    But what if you want to change your race? Maybe you could save some "pvp-racial looks" that are automatically used when making a pvp-char. But isn't this topic about taking ideas, not coming up with new ones?

  10. #10
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Lensor's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    7,859
    Actually, I thought this topic would be easy, but I cant seem to really think of many features from other games, especially MMOs, that would, imo, make GW2 better.

    ANet, what have you done!?

    Maybe..a Portal gun?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •