PC Gaming News

Bow firing animation

In games I always enjoy playing with a ranged kind of character.
    Guns, bows, doesnt really matter.

Now, my problem with the ranger, or bows, in guildwars2 is that the shooting animation is way to.. flashy.

Mini explosions occur every time you release an arrow from your bow, White stripes appear around the arrow as it flies towards its target.

I think the animation is overdone, and I can't quite understand why Anet didn't go for the more simple and elegant firing animation of guildwars1. (In which no explosions and stripes appear, exept ofcourse if you are using a skill).

I even find it so annoying to look at it makes me doubt about playing a ranger/bow profession in guildwars2, which saddens me.

Am I the only one who feels this way about the firing animation of the bow?

Quote Originally Posted by Nohjo View Post
    I can't quite understand why Anet didn't go for the more simple and elegant firing animation of guildwars1. (In which no explosions and stripes appear, exept ofcourse if you are using a skill).
    In a way they did since there is no auto-attack. Every time you fire you are using a skill.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    What Rabid said, the bow firing animation you are seeing is probably the skill being used. You can't attack unless you are using skills.

True, but the "auto-attack" skill you use is still a simple shot, and could do without all the flashy twirlies.