PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

W/Mo farming builds? running builds?

To start off, i have the three core games and eye of the north.

just got my W/Mo to 20.

what are some good farming and running builds.

and where are some good farming locations for the farming builds?

would also like a general build that i could use to run a friend through the game up to the doppleganger fight.

also would like to know some areas that can drop some nice gold and or green swords and shields.

Quote Originally Posted by mindfray View Post
    where are some good farming locations for the farming builds?
    The strength of the GW1 build system is that it can be fine-tuned and adapted to a certain location. If you have a build it's probably made for a certain location! So if you tell us what build/s you have, we can tell you where they would fit in.

would also like a general build that i could use to run a friend through the game up to the doppleganger fight.
    Do you use axe, sword or hammer?
    Here's a relatively good one, using Prophecies skills only:

Sever Artery
    Gash
    Galrath Slash (replace with Hundred Blades or Dragon Slash)
    Frenzy (replace with Flail if you have it)
    Rush
    For Great Justice
    Watch Yourself
    Rebirth

also would like to know some areas that can drop some nice gold and or green swords and shields.
    You can get gold items anywhere in high level areas. As a rule, if enemies are level 20 or higher, you can get nice loot from them. Once you complete a campaign you unlock "hard mode" for that campaign, which makes enemies much stronger, but which also makes loot much better. Also, if you want gold items, a good idea is to open any chest you come across (in high level areas or hard mode only).

Green items drop from certain bosses. Sorrow's Furnace, in the southern Shiverpeaks, is the primary green item farm location in Prophecies. Another Prophecies location with good drops (Victo's Blade, if you want swords it's one of the best, plus it looks cool) is the The Tomb of the Primeval Kings, which is right next to Dragon's Lair.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    Green items drop from certain bosses. Sorrow's Furnace, in the southern Shiverpeaks, is the primary green item farm location in Prophecies. Another Prophecies location with good drops (Victo's Blade, if you want swords it's one of the best, plus it looks cool) is the The Tomb of the Primeval Kings, which is right next to Dragon's Lair.
    Greens will also drop from the end-game content of War in Kryta.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Greens will also drop from the end-game content of War in Kryta.
    I forgot that! Yes it will.

In Factions, Nightfall and EotN, almost every boss drops a green, so if you find'em, kill'em. In almost all cases the item they drop is for the same profession as themselves, so find and kill warrior bosses.

A list of warrior green weapons and shields can be found here:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_...r_unique_items

along with places to get them.

Keep in mind that green weapons drop very rarely. If you're out with a full party of heroes and henchmen, they will also share in the loot distribution, which can make greens even rarer. Once in a while we'll get a double or triple green drop weekend, which increases that very rarely to slightly less very rarely.

As to solo farming, unfortunately warriors have been overshadowed by other professions with more abusable skills (sins and rits, for example). If you're just looking to line your pockets a bit and not looking for best gold/time, something like the old Triple Chop Farmer might still work.

-T

Here is the guide for running and prices as well although since the lack of runners prices have gone up.

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=403277

Right now i think the best way for me to make money is find melee mobs i can solo on my W/Mo, and maybe some soloable mobs that drop blue, purple, and gold salvage items so i can try my luck at finding the runes that sell for a bit more than most.

so far i was ab le to solo some of the spiders near druids overlook, but as soon as i came across the jellyfish type things that use shatter enhancment i was done for.

so what do you guy's think?

//////////////////////////

i also read something about having one piece of knights armor, like just the gloves adds some type of passive thing that helps with farming? does it still hold true you only need one piece of knights armor to get the bonus?
    Last edited by mindfray; 19-09-2011 at 21:34.

You could farm the Magama Jungle but there are better places than that like the missions.It is best as Warrior not to use any enchantments in these areas as the windriders will strip them

It s best not to concentrate on one foe at a time switch around when they get to 50% health so tab space tab space etc.You want to use skills that will give you the best buffs in Warrior skills not Monk.I know you like sword but at this time it would be better to use axe for cyclone axe this will hit more than 1 target unless you got 100 blades but it would be best to use defy pain.

The Knights armour now Templar one piece is not global means you need the whole set to get the bonus.You could use Sentinels but that would requuire more in strenght if you want.I hope this helps you out and this is for solo farming and it would be best to pull a few at a time.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    The effects of wearing one piece of Knight's armor (now insignia) used to be global, but it's not anymore. The effects of the Superior Absorption Rune is still global and you can also use the "Run for your life" mod (-2 in stance) on a shield. Really, the last time I used to farm was for Superior Vigor runes (Ettins outside Beetleton), but this was like 2 weeks before Factions was released and I think that farm has been nerfed since then.

I think your best bet would be to farm some Ecto in the Underworld. I don't remember the exact build, but it's on the wiki. I think it uses only 1 PvE skill (Whirlwind Attack) so getting all the skills shouldn't be too difficult.

If you're still looking for a build for general play, this is what I run:

Warrior's Endurance (E)
    Frenzy
    Rush
    Dismember
    Power Attack
    Cyclone Axe
    Whirlwind Attack
    Optional

Axe: 14 Strength: 13

Hopefully you'll be using a hero with some prot or an ST Rit, so don't worry about exploding while using Frenzy. If using Frenzy really makes you nervous, then I'd suggest using Flail instead and using the Assassin skill Dash as a cancel stance, but I prefer Flurry.

well like i said, physical mobs like minatuar in the deserts are fine and easier to handle for me. but mesmer and necro mobs that give 4 or more negative health arrows, well i don't know what to do in that situation besides pop healing breeze and use the (forgot the name lol) health signet that heals for an amount based on tactics.

is the elite warriors endurance really that good when you get in those holy crap moments?

well i found this farming build
    http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:W/Mo_Defy_Pain_Farmer
    but it does not say it's part of the metagame like some builds do.
    does that mean it's not as good?

also found this one http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:W/N_Raptor_Farmer
    says its part of the metagame. just not sure where it's used? eye of the north? cause it mentions asura title?
    Last edited by mindfray; 22-09-2011 at 00:19.