PC Gaming News

View Poll Results: How should gatherings be organized?

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • Lets talk about things here on this thread

0 0%
  • Lets join/create a social group here on GWO

0 0%
  • Lets join/create a Elementalist focused guild

0 0%
  • Lets use official forums/wiki as a neutral meeting ground

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redean View Post
    So now its the new year is there anything strategies that we are going to use to possibly recruit people to this or at least attract attention. Also i'll go put that userbox on now.
    The Mod team is currently gathering ideas to get the GWO community involved and to get more people to register at the site. One of the ideas currently under discussion is a "professions day", where things around the professions of GW2 will happen.
    I have made a set of questions for a "Guild Wars 1 Quiz" and reserved Wintersday gifts as rewards for each correct answer. Other ideas include a costume contest and screen shot/drawn art contest.
    TBH, that won't happen until we can create a momentum with other professions as well, to attract a big enough crowd of people (although I am a little bit spoiled by a huge turnout at MesCon or the Easter Egg event I had with my former guild, which big numbers of people showing up.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    All sounds good. Keep me posted.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Lensor has made changes to the site's social group section, so "Elemental Attunement" isn't labelled "guild" any more, so don't be shy and join now!

I am also preparing some sort of raffle-triva-give-away for the Elementalist section as an alternative to the professions day event, if the site team can not pull that off.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    A small update on the last post:

The social group "Elemental Attunement" has its own raffle now, starting January 23, 2012. I will give away a Zaishen Key every fortnight to members of the group who meet the requirement for the raffle (join the group and read the thread for details).

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Elemental Attunement needs some content, so I have started to put some pictures I used there on the forums in the group picture album (+ some "painterly artwork" you won't get to see outside the group album).
    I have also started some sort of Ele "off topic" thread about "Elementalists' proverbs & words"

Join for fun & contribute

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    Maybe should we submit a backstory for our ele's? I could whip that up!

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redean View Post
    Maybe should we submit a backstory for our ele's? I could whip that up!
    Good idea, I will ask around the Mod team if we take a universal approach on that topic for the site (e.g. gathering stuff in the Fan Art Forum) or just go on ourselves in the social group.

Gorani

PS: The social groups have a character limit for each post that is just too limited for longer texts. A thing we could do is to create a "table of contents" as a discussion board from where we can link to the longer stories in the Fan Art Forum. I will put that into place later today.
    Last edited by Gorani; 03-02-2012 at 17:08.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Redean has started a thread about backstories for our Elementalists (which I have moved over to the FanFic/FanArt Forum, as Mods agreed on gathering the stories there). Please support this great effort by adding your story ideas to this thread too:

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...ckstory-thread

I will also add a link to the "table of content" here in this thread at post #1.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have created a "beta sign-up" thread in the Elemental Attunement social group, but of course you can talk about meeting for a Elementalist POV beta here on the thread, too.

Gorani

PS: Remember to visit the forums polls on favourite attunements & Ele races too, if you have not cast your vote there. I would also welcome new GWO users here and hear their thoughts, as I have seen many "guest lurkers" in the past weeks. Register guys, we even have burned, soggy, sandy or electrocuted cookies. *g*

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    Still better than any cookie you will get on the engineer forum :P