PC Gaming News

View Poll Results: How should gatherings be organized?

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • Lets talk about things here on this thread

0 0%
  • Lets join/create a social group here on GWO

0 0%
  • Lets join/create a Elementalist focused guild

0 0%
  • Lets use official forums/wiki as a neutral meeting ground

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Arrow Elementalist activities & social groups - pre-release -

Welcome to the "gatherings & contacts thead". In this thread we will try to come together as players of the GW2 Elementalist.

Possible things we could do in-game right now - and soon in Guild Wars 2:
    • Meet Elementalists for fun adventure groups (e.g. Zaishen quests)
    • Talk about plans for your GW2 Elementalists
    • Have armor/costume shows with a prize poll on the forum
    • Talk face to face about game mechanics in GW2 for Elementalists
    • Forge friendships for GW2 that might lead the founding of guilds
    • Just chat and have fun

You can post here for additional ideas or just to voice your support or opinion.

Gorani, Moderator

All Elementalist activities so far:

• You can join the social group here at GWOnline which is called "Elemental Attunement" too at (http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...php?groupid=34)

• You can add GW2wiki code to your own user page, to show your membership to "Elemental Attunement". The code is included in the edit window of this link: (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php...edit&section=1) - and will be updated by Gorani from time to time.

• You can show you allegiance to the Elementalist profession in general by adding the {{User Elementalist}} Userbox to your personal GW2wiki page, if you have created one.
    • You can show you allegiance to this site by adding the {{User:Gorani/Template/UserboxIncGWO}} Userbox to you personal GW2wiki page.
    • Elemental Attunement has it's own fortnightly raffle, a proverb & words section for your battle quotes and a link thread for all your backstories and lore you want to share (which can also be found in the Fan Fiction /Fan Art Forum here on GWO).
    Last edited by Gorani; 04-09-2012 at 12:08.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    I never attended an all X profession group, but it would be good for all professions to have their own. These events would be even easier to organize because of having multiple guilds: Warrior guild, Elementalist guild, Guardian guild, etc. Maybe as the game gets closer to release you can create a thread just for all X profession outings and we can vote for names for their respective profession's guild and have [GWO] in the tags, assuming tags still exist.
    Last edited by Tru Reptile; 10-09-2011 at 07:55.

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Sounds awesome, as a GW1 and GW2 ele i'd love to get involved! Sincew in GW2 you can cast most spells w/o a target could try doing 'magic' shows of sorts, trying to use your spells to make a really visually stunning effect. I'd love to see ele's running through dungeons together in GW2 with someone on each attunement.

E - A couple more ideas! Assuming WoW style dueling is in the game there could be competitive ele dueling. Also since we can be in multiple guilds why not do what Tru Reptile said and have an all ele guild? Imagine the epicness of taking on end-game content with only elementalists!
    Last edited by Redean; 11-09-2011 at 20:14.

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    I think i'm going to take up a cause for this thread. I will direct people to this thread to contribute and such through the GW2 fansite i'm involved with and through other means. I think this is a really great idea and I really want to see it come to fruition.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I'm 90% sure I read that there will be a 1v1 format for pvp. But don't quote me on it.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline.Net Member
    User created hot-join PvP games can have a custom team size i.e. 1v1 or 10v10.

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    From what areas in GW2 we have seen so far, what meeting place would be ideal? Somewhere far out in the wilderness or maybe within a city or town?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redean View Post
    From what areas in GW2 we have seen so far, what meeting place would be ideal? Somewhere far out in the wilderness or maybe within a city or town?
    Lion's Arch might be a good place in GW2. In GW1, a spot everybody can reach - independent from the campaign he/she owns - should be preferred, like Zaishen Menagerie grounds.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    Perhaps a Steam Group would be really effective for this kind of collaboration?

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    Since we can have more than one guild maybe it would be a good idea to start an all elementalist guild? We could promote it in a multitude of places.

EDIT: Ok i've taken the liberty of making a Steam Group to start us off. I think Elemental Attunement is an appropriate name a for an all ele guild so thats the name now :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/attunement/
    If anyone here who's serious about pushing this forward send me your steam user name once you join and i'll promote you to an officer.
    Last edited by Redean; 26-09-2011 at 07:41.