PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks for the great help people :)

As the title goes,

I would like to thank you guys who had help me in my HOM adventure for the past few months. Special thanks to people like Alaris. Teina, BrettM, Sir Jack, Fluffball etc etc.

And here is my HOM current points

I may not go for full 30 as I find that the remaining ones are both time and gold comsuming and sometimes I really feel like a no-lifer along the way

Time to focus on my real life style, thanks once again peeps!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Glad I could help (not sure what I did, except advice), and congrats!

The last few points to 30 shouldn't be too difficult if you put in some time, but don't do it unless you enjoy it. Real life is pretty important too.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by kinya View Post
    Special thanks to people like (...) etc etc.
    Hey, that's me! Even though I never helped you.

You are welcome, and good luck in GW2!!

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    I may not go for full 30 as I find that the remaining ones are both time and gold comsuming and sometimes I really feel like a no-lifer along the way
    Wow. My lack of life must be sadder than I thought, since I don't see the serious time/gold sinks kicking in until well after 30/50. And I've done most of those once and am doing them again on a second account. I guess there's no hope for me at all.

In any case, you're more than welcome for whatever help I was able to offer.

Haha, but if I would to go for the remaining 5, what is the best way I should do it? 5 more titles, 2 more amors(1 vabbian) etc?.
    Anyway for oppressor weapon, I think I need to complete a quest for a guy to get Gwen, but I need candle for one of his requirement and candles can only be obtained from prophecy-born char. So how do I clear it anyway?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Haha, but if I would to go for the remaining 5, what is the best way I should do it? 5 more titles, 2 more amors(1 vabbian) etc?.
    Anyway for oppressor weapon, I think I need to complete a quest for a guy to get Gwen, but I need candle for one of his requirement and candles can only be obtained from prophecy-born char. So how do I clear it anyway?
    Actually you can get the candles on any character from Necromancer Munne in Ashford Abbey, you just have to backtrack all the way to Ascalon with a non-Prophecies character. Time-consuming, but not really impossible

In order to obtain the oppressor weapons, you do indeed need to play through the "War in Kryta" content, which is well worth playing imuo (... at least once you're done fetching items for Keiran the idiot...).

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    First, that oppressor weapon. You should get at least 60 war supplies from the three wanted quests (that's 2 medals), and 7 medals from the rest of the quests (not counting any you might get from the gifts). So, even if you are extremely unlucky and don't get any extra medals from the gifts, you must do two or three wanted quests extra. (Presuming you do everything in NM). The story of Gwen and Kieran follows after WiK and is not required (but can be fun). You can still get those candles, but you'll need to walk to the old Ascalon area. So, that's 26 points covered.

I'd also get at least 2 more "normal" elite armours. That will also give you 1 point and puts it at 27.

Last: titles. Go for protector of Tyria and Cantha. Go to Sorrow's Furnace (not too hard to do with H/H) and finish that one. And try to get your lucky/unlucky to rank 2. You don't need to max them to put them in your HoM. That will give another point and put it at 28.

What I'd also try to do is to get either luxon or kurzick to rank 4. Not so much for the statue, but to get enough jade/amber to get an armour. You could even drop a "normal" elite armour then. That will push it up to 29.

The last point is the hardest. You'll need a few more titles (I'd advice to get skillhunter, as that title will also help your heroes and give you 4 titles). And if you got to rank 4 on Kurzick or Luxon, you'll be done. Otherwise, find somebody to help you clear FoW (which isn't too hard if you know at least some of the way...).

This is what I should do...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Mostly what Lady Rhonwyn said. However, it would probably be less time consuming to go for the Guardian titles rather than Skill Hunter, and finishing all the Guardian and Protector titles will get you the Legendary Guardian statue as well. Furthermore, going for those titles will let you fill up story books, which will give you cash and a big boost to your reputation points for Lightbringer and either Kurzick or Luxon.

Completing Fissure of Woe is very easy to do with seven heroes and takes only a few hours at most. I've done FoW using six heroes (three borrowed) in the days before the 7H build, and once I cleared the place with just three discord heroes (though that was practically a miracle and I wouldn't try it again).

If you're willing to spend a little time in a couple of challenge missions, it wouldn't be hard to finish off those last 10 hero and pet statues, as well.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    Kurzick/Luxon armor will give one point and they aren't any more expensive then other elite armors ( vabbian and obsidian armors are the most expensive sets in game ).

For titles I would go where ever you have advanced most already. Though Canthan protector is relatively easy and it is not too time comsuming either - there's only max 13 missions to go. Doing one mission a day it tooks just under 2 weeks and you need to play less than hour a day...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Kurzick (1), 6x oppressor and/or destroyer (1+2), and maybe 10 minis (1).

If you want, I have a few minis to help you out.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about