PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Go to the Marketplace. Then go to Kaineng Docks. Talk to First Mate Xiang and he'll bring you to Seitung Harbour. From there, go to Saoshang Trail and from there you can go to Shing Jea. Then on to Sunqua Vale and on to Minister Cho's Estate. After you did that one, you must go back to Seitung Harbour and walk to Zen Daijun, by the way of Jahai Bluffs.

Edit: you can go everywhere (except that area where you started as a NF character and pre-searing in Prophecies) with every character. Except when you go to a "foreign" continent, you must walk "backwards". So, if you want to do the missing missions in Prophecies, walk east from Lion's Arch.
    It sounds like a loooooog walk lol. But i will just do that

How would you guys recommend the norm/asura/dwarf max title track? Comparing to earning guardian title track, which one would be more time consuming?

So after I gotten my Canthan protector title track, left 4 more titles for another 1 points :) you guys did really motivate me for my remaining 5 points

Quote Originally Posted by kinya View Post
    How would you guys recommend the norm/asura/dwarf max title track? Comparing to earning guardian title track, which one would be more time consuming?
    Unlike the Guardian track, those titles need to be farmed in the "good", old-fashioned way. There are plenty of quests as well as good farm spots for asura, norn and dwarf titles, but not for ebon vanguard ("agent" title). Therefore, as you progress through Eye of the North and fill in your storybooks, turn in those for ebon vanguard points. This will save you hours upon hours of riding around in a siege devourer, which admittedly is fun at first, but can get kinda boring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    Unlike the Guardian track, those titles need to be farmed in the "good", old-fashioned way. There are plenty of quests as well as good farm spots for asura, norn and dwarf titles, but not for ebon vanguard ("agent" title). Therefore, as you progress through Eye of the North and fill in your storybooks, turn in those for ebon vanguard points. This will save you hours upon hours of riding around in a siege devourer, which admittedly is fun at first, but can get kinda boring after a while.
    No, if you manage to complete the "War in Kryta" quest chain and start the "Hearts of the North" Quest Chain, you'll have access to the repeatable Keiran Thackeray Solo Missions. One of those is called "Rise" and will get you 1250 Ebon Vanguard Points every time you complete it, which can be done in 5-10 minutes. As a bonus, the WiK and HotN quest chains reward you a lot of Medals of Honor, 10 of which can be traded in for Oppressor Weapons, which I've noticed you're still missing in your HoM. You'll need to complete the WiK quest chain to trade them in though.
    For a complete walkthrough for these chains, check: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Beyond
    It has complete information on both those quests.

Dwarven can be gotten "easily" as well by completing every dungeon in NM and HM along with the quests.

There's a Vanquish strategy for the Norn title track involving some Asuran Quests spawning several bosses at the end of the run to get you a lot of bonus points.

For Asura, you'll need to Vanquish some areas a few times. It's IMO the hardest to level at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    No, if you manage to complete the "War in Kryta" quest chain and start the "Hearts of the North" Quest Chain, you'll have access to the repeatable Keiran Thackeray Solo Missions. One of those is called "Rise" and will get you 1250 Ebon Vanguard Points every time you complete it, which can be done in 5-10 minutes.
    Ohhh... Well consider me corrected.

Okay here's my plan

1)Play through WiK/HotN and get a opressor weapon +1
    3)Get a vabbian armor + monument armor + 2
    4)scrap through my resources and squeeze out 5 destroyer weapons(for 11 wep statue) +2

How's that sound? :)
    Last edited by kinya; 13-09-2011 at 14:55.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Edit @Kinya: Sounds like a good plan. That should be about your quickest option, even if you have to farm for cash and materials for the remaining weapons or for the armor. The other alternative is to skip the Vabbian armor and put the cash/time into finishing your Fellowship monument (last 10 heroes/pets). That might be a bit cheaper and less time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra View Post
    Of course Vanquishing and Cartography are time consuming, but the OP has also said he didn't want to go after gold sinks. So basically, his choices are: gold sink or time sink (at least a little of at least one of those). Lady had offered a choice with a lot of gold sink titles (Skill Hunter plus Lucky and Unlucky come to mind, and the last two are not quick titles either), my selection presented another perspective.
    But, when going for 30/50, neither option is a good return for time invested.

For example, going for legendary vanquisher/cartographer will get you eight statues, which is not even one HoM point. Less than one point for 200 hours of work is something that is necessary for 50/50, but should not be necessary for 30/50. (I'm using Alaris's estimate here. My guess of 100 hours may be low, since I have three legendary vanquishers and three more halfway there, so I'm probably getting through them faster now than I did the first time through. If nothing else, I no longer get lost anywhere, which saves time. Knowing the patrols and the routes in each area helps me minimize backtracking and I can usually avoid lengthy red-dot hunts at the end of the vanquish.)

Getting the last HoM point for the Fellowship monument will take the OP far, far less time than that. Probably no more than 15 hours, even if you level the pets the hard way and farm the gold for buying the hero armor remnants. That's not much more time than it takes to earn a single statue for Canthan Protector or Guardian. Ten statues for 15 hours is a better use of time.

Likewise, there are a few Honor statues that can be gotten relatively quickly, such as Sorrow's Furnace and Fissure of Woe. Getting those early on is a better use of time than going for vanquisher/cartographer. So is doing the WiK content, since you can get an HoM point for only one Oppressor weapon and not many hours of play are required to get it.
    Last edited by BrettM; 13-09-2011 at 15:11.

I'd argue a Luxon/Kurzick set would be cheaper than a Vabbian one, but if you have the resources to buy one, it doesn't really matter.

WiK/HotN will get you at least 15 Medals of Honor, more if you get somewhat lucky with the Royal Gifts. Repeating "Rise" gets you 5 War Supplies, 25 of those get you another Medal. Repeating it enough may get you enough Medals so you don't have to buy Destroyer Weapons. Again, your choice between buying/repeating.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    I'd argue a Luxon/Kurzick set would be cheaper than a Vabbian one, but if you have the resources to buy one, it doesn't really matter.
    There's also the minor matter of him being a Dervish and the fact that Dervishes don't get Kurzick/Luxon... I'd go for another elite armour and an extra statue.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Go to the Marketplace. Then go to Kaineng Docks. Talk to First Mate Xiang and he'll bring you to Seitung Harbour. From there, go to Saoshang Trail and from there you can go to Shing Jea. Then on to Sunqua Vale and on to Minister Cho's Estate. After you did that one, you must go back to Seitung Harbour and walk to Zen Daijun, by the way of Jahai Bluffs.

Edit: you can go everywhere (except that area where you started as a NF character and pre-searing in Prophecies) with every character. Except when you go to a "foreign" continent, you must walk "backwards". So, if you want to do the missing missions in Prophecies, walk east from Lion's Arch.
    '

Oops I was thinking of the 2nd mission.

[strikethrough]He isn't a Factions character so he needs to go through the north exit like I described. The guard won't allow in to leave via the west.[/strikethrough]
    Last edited by Fluffball; 13-09-2011 at 15:35.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I did the calculation lately, and kurzick is cheaper than vabbian. I don't remember the figures, but it's probably a 20-30% discount. Is it worth starting a new character just to get the armor on him? You decide.

Obsidian armor is by far the most expensive.

WiK came across as a cheap way to get HoM weapons, because (1) it's fun to play anyway, and (2) you earn money on top of weapons, which you can use to buy destroyer weapons if you choose to.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about