PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    As a warrior, you might be better off to drop one of the eles and put in Tahlkora as a smiting monk with RoJ, Strength of Honor, and Smite Condition. Add a couple of signets (particularly Castigation Signet for energy) and Judge's Insight.

You could also drop the healing monk by giving MOX a staff and a Dwayna's Orders build. This will not only buff your damage, but provide good party-wide healing. I usually put Dwayna's Sorrow on my MM, instead of bringing a healing monk.

Странная коди

Кодировка не читается, изображения не показываются - о чем посты понять вообще нереально. Это только у меня так?

Yes, it's just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    You possibly don't have any way to mitigate damage. Generally you run one healing monk and one protection monk, OR some other class/es that can prevent damage. Putting Protective Spirit and Aegis on a MM is pretty common. Para skills can help prevent damage, especially "Stand Your Ground!" There are a few ritualist skills like Shelter or Weapon of Warding that prevent damage.
    well where can i find aegis besides preist of balthazar? cause when i was going to unlock it at the preist of balthazar, it said the skill was (PVP)

so i guess i need to find it elsewhere.

also how far into EOTN or Nightfall do you get ritualist primaries heros?

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfray View Post
    well where can i find aegis besides preist of balthazar? cause when i was going to unlock it at the preist of balthazar, it said the skill was (PVP)
    There's a list on the Aegis wiki page. You can either spend hero skill point at any EotN book people (recommended) or buy one with a quick hop over to Kaineng Center if you have Factions.

also how far into EOTN or Nightfall do you get ritualist primaries heros?
    EotN: If you are already at Gunnar's Hold (which really isn't far into EotN), you can participate in the Norn Tournament. Once you beat Xandra (she's one of many round 2 opponents, so it might take few tries to have her spawn), she will join your party.

Nightfall: Razah used to be a ritualist hero. Now he can change his primary profession, so you can still have him be a ritualist primary. You can only get to him after you beat the last mission in Nightfall.

doing the norn tournament and getting my hiney handed to me. It seems i can't find a single build to beat all of them. casters, fighters, etc... wonder how im going to beat this thing.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    PvE skills make it significantly easier; in particular, I find the Norn shout "You move like a Dwarf!" and the Vanguard skill Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support quite useful. When used one after the other, you can keep whatever foe you're facing on the ground for a good chunk of the battle, leaving you free to make their lives miserable (and short). Pretty sure the warrior's Stonefist insignia will lengthen at least "YMLaD's" KD as well, though I don't know for sure as I don't really play Warrior.
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

If you're just going for Xandra, you don't need to beat everyone. Kill the first opponent and if the second round opponent isn't Xandra, restart.

Quote Originally Posted by mindfray View Post
    It's PvP-only in the Battle Isles, but once you unlock it and move back to the mainland it swaps to normal.

Getting through the first two rounds of the tourney isn’t very hard, a W/Mo mending (slap mending – monk skill on your Warrior) build will do the trick and that’s pretty much considered shameful to run. Again if you don’t get her by the second round restart it and try again. Drop Vekk and bring her, I hate those little rabbit things.

Simple build that should work (even without an elite, and using basic non-hard to find skills): power attack, sever artery, gash, distracting blow, Open, Open, (any increase attack speed), Mending.
    Sub in anything you want in the open slots, I was running a riposte/auspicious parry build that let me beat M.Bison quite easily, but I don’t remember it off the top of my head.

I’ll echo the advice to make one monk a heal and one monk a prot monk. Thalk is a Prot monk and Dunko is Heal on all my chars to make my life easier, the dwarf is set to smite. This way I don’t have to keep checking the builds every time I do anything.

Next you can start learning priority targets when fighting. The Afflicted Ritualists carry a rez so they are the first thing you need to kill. If you leave them alone they will keep resurrecting everything you kill, I remember a few party wipes the first time Factions came out because we weren’t used to seeing a rez on monsters and no one thought to kill the Rit. Pay attention to what skills different monsters are using so you know if they need to be killed first or if they can wait.

Hero skill bars, if you post what you are using we can help fine tune them, I hate giveing you a pile of skills you may not have collected yet. It really shouldn’t matter much unless you are playing in hard mode, which you shouldn’t be doing yet, but getting a good bar on the hero’s will help things out immensely.
    Last edited by GrimShade; 07-10-2011 at 23:58.