PC Gaming News
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    Heads up. 10 days of apps for 90% off on Android Market. Today's highlights include SwiftKey X and Minecraft - Pocket Edition. Also, for people who listen to music, Soundhound Horizontal 8.
    Infinity. lol.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    BubbleUPnP is a pretty nice app which integrates well with lots of server tech (Twonky, DNLA etc.) and seems to run almost everything.

There's a thread about it...here so you can see the updates it gets and request anything you think is lacking.

It's got a free version so you can try it out and make sure it's what you want prior to the purchase (which takes off time limits on music/video length and stuff). Free version should be enough for commutes.

-Art

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Infinity. lol.
    You're welcome.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Yi Mor View Post
    BubbleUPnP is a pretty nice app which integrates well with lots of server tech (Twonky, DNLA etc.) and seems to run almost everything.

There's a thread about it...here so you can see the updates it gets and request anything you think is lacking.

It's got a free version so you can try it out and make sure it's what you want prior to the purchase (which takes off time limits on music/video length and stuff). Free version should be enough for commutes.

-Art
    Hmm, apparently, I'd need to install something first:

BubbleUPnP can stream efficiently your media via the Internet over a mobile or WiFi connection. It requires installing server software "BubbleUPnP Server" running on Windows, MacOS X, Linux or a NAS
    but further on, it says:

- stream music and videos from your UPnP/DLNA Media Server (Twonky, Asset UPnP, any NAS with UPnP, ...) to your android device.
    So, what is it...

Because if I have to install something on my NAS, Popcorn and MediaCenter first, I think I'll skip it. (all three are DLNA servers...)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    You do need to install server side software first.

It's for your security so that others don't access it -but it is your stuff and so your choice.

Might be other more 'risky' options out there - I don't know though.

Plus, where's this Market sale?? Nowt any cheaper here in the UK!

And I was going to get legit versions of the stuff I have too!

-Art

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    10 cents is so cheap it's not even worth thinking about it.

But having to register to yet another service is soooo complicated for someone with as short an attention span as me. Can I just install steam on the phone instead?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    The sale is the first thing you see when you open the app. It's in Finland too, so I'd suspect that it'd be in UK too.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Yi Mor View Post
    You do need to install server side software first.

It's for your security so that others don't access it -but it is your stuff and so your choice.

Might be other more 'risky' options out there - I don't know though.
    Looks like it at least recognizes my NAS without any extra install...

Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    The sale is the first thing you see when you open the app. It's in Finland too, so I'd suspect that it'd be in UK too.
    Hmm, I didn't see a sale when I opened the Market App... Or is there a different app?
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    RIIIGGHT!

So found the golf game, did a bit of searching and indeed there are a few apps up for $.10 (or pence) each. Think I'll take the Sketch Mobile and Sound House ones - also went to getjar.com and got me some other apps for absolutely free (had to install one of theirs first - but you can uninstall it easy afterwards).

So now, legally have, tapatalk, beautiful widgets, paper camera, a couple of games and SECuRET (or something equally spyish). There were loads more there - but really only wanted tapatalk legitimately.

-Art

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    What exactly is on sale? I see some apps for $.10, but do I have to manually dig through to find them?