GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    That looks too much like my ex-wife and not nearly enough like my gf, that would be a strategically dangerous move.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    After so many people got the opportunity to play in the April BWE, I want to raise attention to this poll again, where Norn & Charr have not been loved too much.
    Has the BWE changed your mind or have you not voted yet? Please drop your vote now.

Gorani

Asura
    19 votes

Charr
    9 votes

Human
    26 votes

Norn
    6 votes

Sylvari
    24 votes

Don't forget you have to see the total votes, not the percentages for the "true numbers" as I had to merge an outside poll from another forum with this and the calculations is off, because of that.
    Last edited by Gorani; 30-04-2012 at 15:35.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    For the moment, I am sticking with human ele, but it's more because the other races are already taken by other professions. I cam close to having a norn elementalist, back when I didn't care for mesmer. Now the norn is mesmer. Charr ele would have been my 2nd choice, but charr is necro.

So poor ele ends up with its 3rd choice of race.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I honestly see it like this:

Asura: small stature... knowledge and cleverness is power... they look best as Engineers (tools/alchemy oriented) or Elementalists (Arcane oriented and then some elements based on their College) or Mesmers (mesmers fight with illusions and mind bending technique... that is power from cleverness)

Charr: big strong feline humanoids... war and destruction minded... they look best as Engineers (inventions/firearms/explosions) or Warriors or Thieves (felines... they are stealthy and such, even if big)

Human: can fit all, no argue there.

Norn: they feel like strong wild humans... individualist animalistic warriors... they look best as Warriors or Guardians or Rangers.

Sylvari: curious plant beings... eager to learn and understand... I could see them as Elementalists (more Water and Earth oriented but still curious on the rest) or as Rangers (connection to nature) or as Thieves (interestingly I see similarities in the stealthyness and dangers of a thieve and "a plant", such as "spikes","sharp leaves", "poisons" and also plants are rather stealthy when going by the wind...)

So now focusing on this thread's subject I would say "Elementalist" alone has no Race that makes most sense to play with. It's more about WHAT Elementalist one will play and style of play. I see a Charr Elementalist calling earthquakes and meteorswarms to mass crash target areas and a Sylvari to, combining with its racial skills, keep a balance of healing mists, paralizing rock formations and vines to control a battle.

Truth is... I want to play Elementalist (prepurchased, no Betas, want to start from the start when it starts :P) and before I chose a race
    I went to check the traits, to see what combat style I would love the most and currently I have a balance between Arcane Water and Air.

The combat style will be about re-atunement, movement speed, nice recharges, arcane and air for damage and water for healing (self and others)... so I will likely go Asura (and College of Dynamics to match the interest in Air and Water).

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Lore-wise, it makes more sense to pick a profession based on your race than vice-versa, because you're born first, educated later. Also, I think most races would want a good balance of heroes rather than have mostly casters or frontliners.

My elementalist was going to be norn or charr before, and my lore reason was that magic is powerful. Sure they could use physical stuff like tech or brawl, but wielding the elements themselves seemed appealing too for those who crave power.
    == Alaris & clone ==

GWOnline.Net Member
    Guild

Room For Improvement
    Have I not posted in this thread before? Strange... anyhow My Elementalist choice of race will be... Human! And that's only because some personal gaming lore I got in my head. And my Elementalist in GW1 is also Human... really, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Alaris has my support, if his Norn Elementalist looks like this. *g*
    Speaking of that - does equipment (the skin, size-wise) scale depending on who is carrying it, like in GW1?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah, I am undecided about the elementalist...

My norn will be mesmer after (and totally can wear that armour). The main debate about my lineup at this point is with elementalist and engineer, which gets to be human and which gets to be the 2nd sylvari.

Sylvari elementalist looks more likely than it did before.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I think i'm gonna have to go with an Asuran elementalist. Being 6'5" IRL, I like being the short guy in games sometimes. Got my name picked out and everything.

I'm currently deciding between Human and Sylvari.
    I played a Human in BWEs, and looking forward to see how I would feel about Sylvari. Will try Asura as well, but for now I'm more inclined to Human.