PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Green supremacy: spread disease to all non sylvari enemie

Purple supremacy: all non asura allies obey your orders

Breast supremacy: all non human players lose their intellect statistic

6 Breast supremacy: all non charr players develop strange warts

Lunar supremacy: werenorn race is contagious on bite to other races

Well now we know about the non-elite skills we got to use in the BWE (or maybe we knew before hand, I don't read the wiki.) They were some fairly solid skills it seems. The Norn wurm summon was one I knew I was going to save up 7 points for.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I wanted to try worm summon (and the raven one) but I didn't get the chance.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Question: Are these racial skill finalized at 6 per race? Because the current state of racial skills is beyond underwhelming. I understand they can't be OP and honestly I don't care, lore flavor >>> flavor of the month. But 6 skills don't give any sense of racial profiling. The norn and human are worse basically just implying their religion and nothing else, as if all humans solely worship the six and norn have no other defining characteristics but spirits.

I'd love to see a handful of other skills, where humans focus on ingenuity and survival (eg upgrade an environmental weapon) and norn focus on some things like placing a bounty or king of the hill. Six skills just don't cut it to catch racial flavors, especially if these skills are granted by anything but the race in question ie gods which, theoretically, every race can worship.

Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    But 6 skills don't give any sense of racial profiling. The norn and human are worse basically just implying their religion and nothing else, as if all humans solely worship the six and norn have no other defining characteristics but spirits.
    Welcome to Tyria, enjoy your stay.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    My problem with racials so far is lack of diversity. Norn mainly get elite shapeshifts, not much else.

I assume (hope) we'll get more skills per race with more skill diversity... maybe 10-15 per race, more would be better. I want them to be weaker than profession skills, but to give us some fun options.
    == Alaris & clone ==

My problem with racials so far it that they're much too good. Charr racials are pretty damn powerful, I picked almost all of them over their Ranger counterparts (if there even were Ranger counterparts).

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Too powerful or too fun? Fun I have no problem with.

So far, there's a few professions for whom I have no favorite elite. Guardian elites are meh. They might be powerful, I don't care for being stuck in place. There was that bubble which could be good on short refresh, but it's a regular skill now. Thankfully for the CE elite, I get a blue summon to match my blue fire.

But we need to know more about the racial skills, because it might influence my first 6 characters.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Server

Yak's Bend
    Guild

W A Space
    Mesmer elites kinda suck, imo (moa is funny, but I doubt it'll work on massive bosses, they'll probably have a counter/block/intelligency rating that is too high for it). I plan to use charr racials to fix that problem.

I do like the ranger healing spirit elite. That will be very useful for my build (especially once i add the trait that makes my spirits run around with me).