PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Also, there was one spell that looked like it was conjuring some sort of phantasm that attacks enemies. Make of that what you will.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    God I hope they don't make us a pet class.

More likely it's some sort of turret skill, like some of the necromancer's minions. You create a temporary creature that is active in a limited area, and randomly attacks nearby opponents to support you and your allies.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    A turret/summon type skill is what I thought of when I watched the video.

I thought about it being akin to the guardian's symbols, but the turret thing seems most logical considering the nature of currently known game mechanics.

Also, Mesmer is vaporware.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Mmmm if they somehow manage to make us a support class and retain the illusion / damage / "hexing" aspect... that sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Mmmm if they somehow manage to make us a support class and retain the illusion / damage / "hexing" aspect... that sounds perfect.
    From what I've seen of some of the mesmer opponents in the demo, they actually can behave like front line fighters. They seem to have protective shields, and attacks that reflect attacks back on opponents. So I assume the mesmer is very versatile, and like the elementalist, can be both support and front line.

The GW1 mesmer seemed always to be about controlling how other opponents behaved in combat, forcing them to change their strategy or die. And while the mechanics in GW2 might be different, I see no reason why this concept would be any different in GW2. Mesmers could still annoy the hell out of opponents making them less effective, or making their attacks backfire.
    Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 01-11-2011 at 20:22.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    That sounds glorious to me.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    why are you guy's talking about mesmers while this thread is exactly about it not being a mesmer?
    we already have a thread about mesmers, keep it on one spot please.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    If you haven't yet realized, I have a pretty bad habit of unintentionally sidetracking conversations. At least I stayed semi on-topic this time??

#shuttingupnow

The topic is called "If the last profession is not a mesmer", but its pretty clear that the last profession IS in fact the mesmer. So what is the point of discussing it any further? Seems perfectly logical to me that the topic either sidetracks or ends at that point.