Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    I don't think it makes much sense to reveal cross-profession combos prior to revealing the final profession, since that would keep them from talking about combos in which the final profession would be involved.
    Well, we know that they're going to reveal cross-profession combos "VERY soon" and "last profession" is coming "by the end of the year," so it's kind of moot :) I'd put my money on Gorani's and Shawn's assumption that this it.

Ew @ mental image of feeding a grenade to an undead minion. You wouldn't catch me putting my hand anywhere near one of those gross things. Then again, I play Mesmer.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Engineers probably wear gloves. Also walking time bombs ftw.
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I don't think it makes much sense to reveal cross-profession combos prior to revealing the final profession, since that would keep them from talking about combos in which the final profession would be involved.
    Or give a greater context in which it makes more sense to discuss the final profession.

All of the cross-combo examples we've had so far seem to involve projectiles passing through something
    Afaik, doing the ranger whirling defense while standing in fire throws fireballs randomly around you.

I assume that the combos work on melee attacks, so as a melee warrior you can stand in the fire to add fire damage.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Ew @ mental image of feeding a grenade to an undead minion. You wouldn't catch me putting my hand anywhere near one of those gross things. Then again, I play Mesmer.
    Too scared to dirty your gloves?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Too scared to dirty your gloves?
    Heck yeah.

Plus, I bet it'd be all squishy like when a baby with no teeth bites your finger. Like that, but mushier and around your whole hand. Ewwww

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I would just stick a proximity mine to its back instead.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Please keep the Mesmer out of this thread, we have enough of that in the various speculation threads already.
    Speculation? I'm not speculating. There's nothing left to speculate.

However, we can all stop calling it the "final profession" as if we're pretending like we don't even know what it is, and that's what I fully intend to do until the official reveal. Just like we did with the Guardian and Engineer before we knew their official names, and I didn't see anyone saying "please stop talking about the Cleric."

Just sayin'.

Also I don't think it matters if they reveal the mesmer before the cross-profession blog or not, I mean they still have 7 other professions to talk about, I'm sure there won't be a shortage of examples to use.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

I'll admit, I didn't bother checking what exactly happened by shooting projectiles through aoe, beyond **** dying faster.
    What I'm mostly curious about: we know firing projectiles through offensive aoe's works to carry their effects. Does firing through defensive aoes work the same? Can I boon my allies near my target by firing through Geyser/Seal of Swiftness? Past a banner area? Through a bubble?

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Afaik, doing the ranger whirling defense while standing in fire throws fireballs randomly around you.

I assume that the combos work on melee attacks, so as a melee warrior you can stand in the fire to add fire damage.
    Okay, that makes things a bit better. But ... it still seems one-sided. Caster types do the setup and martial types take advantage of it using either melee or ranged weapons. Is there nothing a martial type could do that would set up a foe for a caster attack? Is there nothing that two martial professions could do for each other, or two caster professions? Or even two members of the same profession?

I would hope we'll see combos involving any given pair of professions, because you don't really want to look at the guy standing next to you and think "wrong profession -- no synergy for us." This might even lead us right back to groups looking for a particular profession with a particular weapon to get the synergies.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Does firing through defensive aoes work the same? Can I boon my allies near my target by firing through Geyser/Seal of Swiftness? Past a banner area? Through a bubble?
    "Don't worry, I'll save you by shooting some life into you with my rifle!"
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Okay, that makes things a bit better. But ... it still seems one-sided. Caster types do the setup and martial types take advantage of it using either melee or ranged weapons. Is there nothing a martial type could do that would set up a foe for a caster attack? Is there nothing that two martial professions could do for each other, or two caster professions? Or even two members of the same profession?
    Out of the top of my head, firewalls can be set up by Rangers, Engineers, Guardians and Ele's. Plague Cloud is Necro and iirc, added poison. That leaves Thief, who I think has a Poison Cloud trap, and Warrior, who I think has an Immolation Arrow on Longbow. Iirc, all projectiles can gather buffs, so also lightning orbs etc.
    This is all very much iirc, but I don't see an immediate reason to panic (that much).
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    "Don't worry, I'll save you by shooting some life into you with my rifle!"
    Regeneration doesn't work that quickly. That said:
    "Don't worry, I'll save you by erupting a geyser under you!"