Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    This should be added to my initial post:

=> Award gamer points to polymock, which seems to be the best way to earn gamer points outside special events

=> Award a small number of Lucky & Unlucky points for normal salvaging, so Canthan events have not to be synonymous with "Rings of AFK"
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

DAT BULGE!

I think every male Warrior with Elite Glads knows what I'm talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    The price of crafting items:
    => There is Linen, which costs 200 gold to craft + 5 Plant Fibers. Since you can buy Linen at half the price at the rare materials trader, why bother crafting? Solution: reduce the gold cost to 20, so you could make a small profit for selling.
    => There is a Lump of Charcoal, which costs 200 gold to craft + 10 Wood Planks. Again, why craft those, when you can buy them at a lower price from the trader. Solution: Same as with Linen
    => Bolt of Silk, which costs 200 gold to craft + 10 Cloth + 10 Dust. The most costly craft, but the cheapest item of the three with the trader. Solution: 20 gold + 5 Dust + 5 Dust would be a start.
    I'd add steel ingots to that list, too. 10 iron,a lump of charcoal, and 200g. Meanwhile, the trader's rate right now is 140g. You'd have to be insane to craft them, as the charcoal alone would be worth more than the ingot.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    You're not supposed to gain gamer title points outside of the events. That's the entire point of the title. Keeping it exclusive if only to some minimal extent.

Exhaustion is completely fine. Eles still do not need more damage dealing capabilities. They are and have always been a utility toolbox. They fit this just fine still.

Comparing some of the most powerful non-elite skills to elite skills of an entirely different class is just a terrible, terrible argument and is always going to be.

Also, Jack.
    THAT'S A FEATURE GODDAMIT ^___^

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    Comparing some of the most powerful non-elite skills to elite skills of an entirely different class is just a terrible, terrible argument and is always going to be.
    DS might technically be one of the most powerful non-elites in the game, but the punishment for using it is horrific. Three seconds casting, 25e and exhaustion? Are you kidding me? Compare that to the commonly used skills, which are WAAAY cheaper and for some reason more powerful. Splinter Weapon, Mark of Pain, Death Blossom, ARage, etc. etc. etc.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    You're not supposed to gain gamer title points outside of the events. That's the entire point of the title. Keeping it exclusive if only to some minimal extent.
    on the other hand it's not much of a title when you can just AFK in a circle, it should be active games-only IMO.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

You don't get gamer points for 9 rings.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    This should be added to my initial post:

=> Award gamer points to polymock, which seems to be the best way to earn gamer points outside special events
    That might even be beneficial to make polymock more attractive to people... Right now, it's simply not worth the trouble.

=> Award a small number of Lucky & Unlucky points for normal salvaging, so Canthan events have not to be synonymous with "Rings of AFK"
    Hmm, I wouldn't put it on salvaging. But I would rethink the chest opening gain. Now, you get something for breaking picks. But, you're really lucky if your pick doesn't break and you get a gold (so, more lucky points) and you're really unlucky if your pick breaks and you get a purple (so, more unlucky points). This would only be added to those chests that also give you a point for treasure hunter.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

If I remember right from when I was going for TH, you get about 50 chests an hour. To make missions/vanq. similar, you'd have to add a lot more than 5 extra chests. Maybe add extra TH Points x number of chests opened as part of the mission completion and vanquish reward?

Ele=toolbox... I think most PVE people see eles as damage dealers. And even if they shouldn't, most people want to play the game as a support or damage player, and see eles' damage as being too low in HM. And more importantly, after taking 30min to form a group and/or settle on skill bars, no one wants to wait around for exhaustion to go away, especially when the skills that have it aren't special enough to make the negative worth it compared to other skill choices. I'd rather see the mechanic removed or reduced or maybe turn it into a condition or hex (with some kind of energy effect if removed). It's just irritating, not fun. Or maybe just remove it for HM, which would take care of the complaints of eles not doing enough dmg in HM (with skill changes if necessary).

I like the polymock and making crafting gold costs tied to the market prices ideas.

I'd like more functionality put into Embark... all useful NPCs should be there, and either the spawn points or NPC distribution needs to be worked on. And add a "leave embark beach" button to the map screen like in the GH.

It'd be really nice if you could open storage in town w/o having to actually click on the box.

Ohh... This this.