PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    There are some good ideas in this thread, it is also worth checking out the gw pvx wiki, and looking in their hero builds section - as the common builds are listed there. They can all be tweaked, but they give you a rough idea of what each hero profession is good at, and what the AI can accomplish. Once you have that down, you can fiddle with their builds to your hearts desire, letting you be adaptive.

They can be very stupid however, so as Alaris said, learning to use flags helps. Even just an initial placement and then cancelling and letting them move again can help a lot.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i do need a small bit of advice on one problem tho, i am trying to get the bonus of DOD but every time i do that my heroes are to stupid to heal the ghost hero on time.
    the bonus pretty much forces me to split so i need do with a 3/3 split, unfortunately the moment i am to far away from them they turn in to brainless zombies.
    my team works fine but i don't get far when the ghost hero keeps dying, just need to crack that problem and the bonus is a walk in the park.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i do need a small bit of advice on one problem tho, i am trying to get the bonus of DOD but every time i do that my heroes are to stupid to heal the ghost hero on time.
    the bonus pretty much forces me to split so i need do with a 3/3 split, unfortunately the moment i am to far away from them they turn in to brainless zombies.
    my team works fine but i don't get far when the ghost hero keeps dying, just need to crack that problem and the bonus is a walk in the park.
    If you have difficulties to do it as it has planned, why not try the teleport thing? I used it on one of my characters and it was very easy indeed ( though I had luck and got the corpses needed for it on first try )....

Also read : http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dunes_of_Despair bonus section as there's other tactics that may work as well.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoitaan View Post
    Yeah the pulling's never been a problem for me. I'm patient enough to do it carefully. Problem was that I could not kill a single group of mobs (white mantle) in hardmode without wiping or several deaths.

I incorporated a lot of the builds you linked. Thank you VERY much. I didn't realise how awesome Rits were in hardmode. Still a few difficulties but doing MUCH better than before. Thanks again ;)
    Glad to hear it works out fine for you. As Alaris mentioned, once the heroes have decent builds, it's mostly the AoE's that still hurt. Emergency "Fall back" with the "global" flag can help with that if you don't want to pre-flag the heroes prior to battles, though for stuff like WoC HM I would very much recommend taking the extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Viti Ligo View Post
    If you have difficulties to do it as it has planned, why not try the teleport thing? I used it on one of my characters and it was very easy indeed ( though I had luck and got the corpses needed for it on first try )....
    I second that.

(... or try to PUG it when it shows up in the zquest rotation)

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    ill probably end up using pugs, then again i also end up with build fights simply because i never use PvX builds.......
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Be careful not to imitate any of the specific builds I listed if you are struggling, and instead go back to the the ones I listed as general. I did make this thread backwards and that has always bothered me.

This specific builds listed are for people that can dance around GW with their eyes closed, the general templates are for people that just need help with getting started.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 23-06-2012 at 05:26.