PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Well sort of, but could mean all the difference depending on the major and minor traits those 10/5 unlock.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    If by "all the difference" you mean a 0.5% effectiveness difference, I agree.

5 points or have a wrong major won't make you fully ineffective. Some of these minors even sound pretty cool, but I doubt they actually make that much of a difference overall except for a "everything helps" kind of way.
    Last edited by Alaris; 17-03-2012 at 04:02.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Well I meant depending on the tree you put them in, it could be a minor that supports your play style making you over all better. I agree with what you said though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    Well I meant depending on the tree you put them in, it could be a minor that supports your play style making you over all better. I agree with what you said though.
    Overall is very much dependent on the situation. I perceive this system as promoting diverse builds. It will slightly push you towards a certain playstyle, but since there are so many possibilities, you will most likely drift towards improving your personal playstyle. This is a good thing. For example every class has traits that promote risk taking and traits that promote solid play. If you never die because you play safe, improving your down state is useless. If you keep dying because you push yourself on hard content, taking +90% hp traits is pointless.
    Both playstyles are valid and personal. Both are catered to.

Personally I'm quite stupid and don't watch my health meter all the time. I will be taking the -25% triggers.

In pvp I could see certain builds rising, but in pve not so much. Maybe every class will have 1 or 2 traits that are considered "must haves" but even then, you will not be forced into the upper tiers, even when those two traits are 25 minors.

I doubt that, Alaris. Rangers have a minor trait that makes all their arrows pierce their targets. That's kinda a big deal. There are minors that leave caltrops behind when you dodge, or that generate an effect whenever an ele attunes to an element...I really think that both majors and minors will have noticeable impacts on how you play. I hope that certain traits and lines won't vastly outclass other lines, but we all know balance isn't going to be perfect on release, right?