PC Gaming News

View Poll Results: Imperials or Stormcloaks?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • Imperials

6 19.35%
  • Stormcloaks

3 9.68%
  • Can't decide yet, I will later.

3 9.68%
  • Bacon Dragon

19 61.29%
Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Well when it gets there make sure you add a few texture mods and perhaps a nudey mod too.

Some nice work out there and it makes for fun zombies + companions.

-Art

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Does the Dark Elf ever come back to his stall? (maybe that's related to another quest... I forget)

The TG quest said he'd be in prison "a few days", but I don't think he does. He's currently an 'escapee' in my game.

He does have a quest attached: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Brand-Shei

I'd already done it (accidentally), so I don't know if being in jail screws that up.

One "good" thing about having the merchants glitched. It made the master criminal achievement (1000 bounty in all nine holds) a lot easier. I just chain-lightninged the mob and BOOM- instant 7500 bounty. In hindsight, perhaps a bit of overkill...

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Did you reload after you had achieved that achievement? I'm a bit torn concerning it, because I compulsively avoid getting a bounty at all.

Also: bugger. I thought I'd be rid of the Companions once I finished their last "main" quest and got rid of the curse for myself. But suddenly, the witches' heads are marked as quest items again and I've got a misc quest telling me to "talk to the leaders of the Companions for work" - dudes, I'm the boss. You don't go to your subordinates and ask them if they know of any tasks that you, the boss, should do.

Anyway, the Companions questline gave me access to two followers that I wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice to any daedra or something that want to feast on some dunmer or nord flesh. Three actually, but I don't think that Fark-*** lost his "essential" status yet. I just don't like the attitude of the two noob recruits and I won't forgive Farkass for aggroing half the dungeon - and then, without attacking them at all, carefully pulling them back towards me.

Best thing about him is that he is afraid of spiders after that adventure we had. The odd thing is that I don't remember ANY spiders in that particular dungeon. Well, he probably just said it so that he wouldn't have to accompany me any further in that tomb of Ysgramor. Not that I'd have missed his "expertise" in monster pulling, but... gah.

That was most certainly not my most favourite faction questline ever. It also didn't help that the Silver Hand levelscales something nasty.
    Last edited by Lytha; 07-01-2012 at 11:09.

Yes, I reloaded right after that achievement. I still have it, so I guess Steam doesn't care.

Not looking forward to the Companions line myself. Unfortunately, there's two shouts locked into their dungeons (including the -ing fire breath), and the only way to get them is to join. All the guild lines have a couple locked shouts like that, which is annoying as hell.

Farkas does have one convenience from what I've read. You can essentially get free master level training in two-handed weapons from him. The gold you pay him goes into his inventory, which you can then open trade with him and take back.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    2 word walls, really? Hrm. I'm quite sure that I got the one in the dungeon with Farkass. You should be able to get the one on top of Ysgramor's Tomb without having to go through the tomb though. Any other words that I missed out?

Supposedly you need to go through the tomb to get up to the mountain top where the wall is, but I suppose you can mountain-goat your way up. I'll have to try.

Here's the quest locked ones, not counting the main quest:

Dark Brotherhood:
    "Marked for death" in the DB Sanctuary

College of Winterhold:
    "Ice form" in Sarthaal
    "Slow Time" in Labyrinthian

Companions:
    "Fire Breath" in Dustman's Cairn
    "Animal Aliegience" on top of Ysgrammor's Tomb

Thieve's guild:
    "Disarm" in Snow Veil Sanctum

Civil War:
    "Slow Time" in Korvanjund

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post

Anyway, the Companions questline gave me access to two followers that I wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice to any daedra or something that want to feast on some dunmer or nord flesh.
    Save one of the non-essential ones to sacrifice for this quest, if you really don't care for them. You get an interesting piece of ebony armor as a reward (but you need to be careful wearing it around NPC's).
    mv

This.. made my day XD

I saw that mod on Nexus this morning. Easily the most terrifying thing I've seen for this game yet.