PC Gaming News

View Poll Results: Imperials or Stormcloaks?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • Imperials

6 19.35%
  • Stormcloaks

3 9.68%
  • Can't decide yet, I will later.

3 9.68%
  • Bacon Dragon

19 61.29%
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    That's terrific! Just needs more Macho sound bytes and it would be perfect.

I like macho dragon's booties. lol

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Yes, I really don't care for them at all, so a quest like that is what I had in mind.

Anyway, I was roaming around west of Solitude yesterday, when I suddenly saw a bunch of people armed like some sort of barbarian marauders were fighting some frost troll in the distance. I approached them carefully and witnessed the demise of the frost troll. The gang ran off further to the west, and I caught a glimpse of the backside of a dunmer amongst them who had a haircut just like one of my favourite Companion noobs. Another had a helmet like my favourite nord recruits. I wondered a bit about that and went forth to loot the frost troll. While I was doing that, a snow bear approached me from the direction where the gang had ran off to and I had to utilize some rocks quickly, because I almost completely neglected health or armor rating on this current character.

I had the gut feeling that the bear had approached me because the gang of 4 lunatics had sent him towards me, and that feeling was confirmed when a while later, while I was pelting the snow bear with arrows while it devoured my fire atronachs, another heavily armed NPC approached and failed to be killed by the snow bear.

I went down from my rock to loot the bear and recognized the whimpering and covering and suddenly recovering NPC as my good friend Farkas. I followed him for a while then, carefully avoiding to ask him for "work", and he ran in a circle for a while, before suddenly sheathing his sword and walking back to wherever he had come from.

So, these 4 lunatics must have been the recruits of the Companions, and Farkas tucked along, as usual as the very far rear guard. Very much like when we ran to Ysgramor's Tomb; Farkas had been so slow then that he quickly was out of sight, and in the end, Aela ran in circles instead of towards the tomb. No big surprise really, since the AI seems to struggle with the concept of swimming in this game, and she would've needed to take a swim to get to the tomb.

(a) what were they doing west of Solitude?
    (b) had they really launched the snow bear at me? No respect at all for their harbinger?
    (c) if I had followed the faster running noobs instead of Farkas on his chubby short legs, would they have led me into a dungeon and we could've had some crazy "adventure"?

A letter, found in the Ragged Flagon:
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post
    Yes, I really don't care for them at all, so a quest like that is what I had in mind.

Anyway, I was roaming around west of Solitude yesterday, when I suddenly saw a bunch of people armed like some sort of barbarian marauders were fighting some frost troll in the distance. I approached them carefully and witnessed the demise of the frost troll. The gang ran off further to the west, and I caught a glimpse of the backside of a dunmer amongst them who had a haircut just like one of my favourite Companion noobs. Another had a helmet like my favourite nord recruits. I wondered a bit about that and went forth to loot the frost troll. While I was doing that, a snow bear approached me from the direction where the gang had ran off to and I had to utilize some rocks quickly, because I almost completely neglected health or armor rating on this current character.

I had the gut feeling that the bear had approached me because the gang of 4 lunatics had sent him towards me, and that feeling was confirmed when a while later, while I was pelting the snow bear with arrows while it devoured my fire atronachs, another heavily armed NPC approached and failed to be killed by the snow bear.

I went down from my rock to loot the bear and recognized the whimpering and covering and suddenly recovering NPC as my good friend Farkas. I followed him for a while then, carefully avoiding to ask him for "work", and he ran in a circle for a while, before suddenly sheathing his sword and walking back to wherever he had come from.

So, these 4 lunatics must have been the recruits of the Companions, and Farkas tucked along, as usual as the very far rear guard. Very much like when we ran to Ysgramor's Tomb; Farkas had been so slow then that he quickly was out of sight, and in the end, Aela ran in circles instead of towards the tomb. No big surprise really, since the AI seems to struggle with the concept of swimming in this game, and she would've needed to take a swim to get to the tomb.

(a) what were they doing west of Solitude?
    (b) had they really launched the snow bear at me? No respect at all for their harbinger?
    (c) if I had followed the faster running noobs instead of Farkas on his chubby short legs, would they have led me into a dungeon and we could've had some crazy "adventure"?
    Just came across Farkas and a couple of other guys leaving the area near Twilight Sepulcher as I was on my way in. As soon as they passed me, I was attacked by a bear.

And an update to my little "merchant issue". One month later...
    Spoiler

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    I might have to get the game just for this mod alone.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Look up seven posts.

Haven't played any Skyrim for over two weeks now, too many games gotten for xmas/from sales.

Skyrim is SO romantic.

Random drunk in Markath: "Hey you, I wanna brawl with you for 100g!"
    We brawl. I kick his butt.
    Random drunk: "Oh my, an amulet of Mara! I'd marry ya. Heck, I'd marry ya twice."

SO romantic. It's even more romantic considering that I was sent by Delvin to this guy, for a fishing job. Since I hadn't talked with him before, I thought I should have a chat after the theft.

Guess you also stole his heart ...

Ok that was awful, I apologize.

Nah, I only steal briarhearts.

The most romantic almost-relationship I had with the housecarl of Markath. I bought the house as a money-sink (I live primarily in Riften). I went into the house for the first time. The random carl, who's name I don't even know, immediately wanted to marry my character.

I'm wearing the badge of availability because I was on one of these quests from the temple of Mara in Riften.