PC Gaming News

View Poll Results: Imperials or Stormcloaks?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • Imperials

6 19.35%
  • Stormcloaks

3 9.68%
  • Can't decide yet, I will later.

3 9.68%
  • Bacon Dragon

19 61.29%
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    And they run around! So you can't practically avoid them without really trying to go around them.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion View Post
    Yep. My video card is an ATI Radeon 3450.

That's the only problem. Everything else is above minimum req which makes me rage to the point where I'm even doubting if I can run Saints Row 3.
    I'd say, get a new card. Two years ago, I had to buy a new video card (my old one physically broke down, one of the capacitors had fallen off, don't ask me how...). I checked up on new cards and decided to buy "last-years top card". For a quarter of the original price (and a quarter of the price of a "new top card" as well...) And apparently it's still a card that can compete in today's game market (it even meets the recommended specs for Skyrim, while the rest of my pc barely meets the minimum...)

The other day, my husband bought F1 2011. It didn't run on his 5.5 year old PC (without the graphics card update). It ran on my identical machine (but with the update) without any flaws at the highest settings. Graphics cards these days are getting more important than the CPU.

Which is why I wondered how important the CPU specs are for Skyrim...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

I went pretty basic. Great Sword and Heavy Armor. Just laid into targets with power attacks.

I'm working on pick pocketing everything that I can, just for the 3rd perk in the line for +100 lb carry capacity. Kind of chuckle at the line, imagine stealing everything off the guards in a town, maybe strip down the townsfolk as well. Naked norns everywhere! It's be Bloodmoon all over again.

After that I'll probably do some plundering of ruins to build up cash, then do some massive crafting. Orc weapons just started popping up and I'm barely able to make dwarven gear.

Anyway to unload stolen goods without the high end perk?

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Usually in the last games you could unload on fences that were in the Thieves Guild (if you were a member, also).

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
    Anyway to unload stolen goods without the high end perk?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    Usually in the last games you could unload on fences that were in the Thieves Guild (if you were a member, also).
    Yeah, at the very least you're going to have to start the Thieves Guild questline to get access to Tonilia, the first fence you come across in the game.

Oh and on a side note, I was playing last night and my girlfriend was sitting on the couch reading a magazine. At one point she looked up and said, "Aren't there supposed to be dragons and sh*t in this game? I haven't seen one yet."

I replied that I hadn't technically started the main story line and that dragons probably wouldn't spawn until I did.

She asked if I was some kind of pussy and if I was scared of dragons.

"It's not that I'm scared of them, I just got sucked into the Thieves guild quests and hadn't even begun to think about the main story."

"Pussy."

Needless to say, I went back to Riverwood, then to the Jarl of Whiterun who directed me to his wizard who needed help finding a dragonstone. Lucky for me I had already stumbled upon Bleak Falls and had already cleared it and had the dragonstone in my inventory, so out to the west watch tower for me.

Where I proceeded to get killed about three times by the first dragon. I'm going to go ahead and surmise that the first dragon must be scaled to your level, because it was a pain in the arse to kill. Regardless, I was verbally accosted by my silly, ginger girlfriend (who doesn't have a soul, mind you) about my lack of prowess where dragon killing was concerned.

Now, this wouldn't have been so bad but now I think the game is making up for lost time, because I can't leave a building without a dragon crashing down and severely wrecking everbody's day in any given town I'm in. Though I will say these random dragons are much easier to kill.

So there goes my peaceful time in Skyrim, all because I was triple-dog-dared to start the main story.

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Cool story, bro. Seriously. Not kidding.

Heh, the princess had to shame him into slaying the dragon...

Achievements:
    Aret, your girlfriend sounds like the Dad in "Hey, Ash, Whatchya Playin?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
    Aret, your girlfriend sounds like the Dad in "Hey, Ash, Whatchya Playin?"
    Not to get off-topic but she also insists that she's 'bad-***' at Batman Arkham City. So I watched her playing one night and noticed that she just mashes the attack button without any regards to timing or counters or anything.

Upon bringing this up to her, she insisted that she knew what she was doing and that I should just mind my own business.

Fine, mash away, button-masher.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aretelio View Post
    Not to get off-topic but she also insists that she's 'bad-***' at Batman Arkham City. So I watched her playing one night and noticed that she just mashes the attack button without any regards to timing or counters or anything.
    Hah. It's like my how my lady said she was only good at fighting games. So, we played one time and had similar results. It's kind of like Wii swordfighting (or boxing) against that guy who does nothing but flail, which involves no skill but makes it difficult to counter. "At least she likes them," I thought, smiling.