PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Get festive with...Secret Charr!

Get festive with IncGamers this Wintersday by participating in our very own...

This works exactly the same as a Secret Santa would, but with a little more fur! COZY!

HOW DO YOU SIGN UP?

Just provide a post with the following
    :
    -Picture of your Guild Wars Avatar for possible Drawing
    -Name of your Guild Wars Avatar and profession for possible Fan-Fiction
    (may include more information as well if you like)

We will be taking participants until DECEMBER 9th! Please post ASAP to guarantee your spot!

After a list of participants is to be had, we will randomly PM each participant the name of another poster. The name you receive will be who you "Secret Charr" for.

WHAT DO I DO AFTER I GET A NAME?

There are three (3) options for this event:
    -Create a Wintersday themed Drawing of their Guild Wars Avatar
    -Write a Wintersday themed Fan-Fiction of their Guild Wars Avatar
    -Put together an "In-Game Goodie Package" to give to them*
    (Or do a combination if you are feeling up to it!)

We would please ask all "Secret Charr" to have their gifts complete and ready to give out before Wintersday, JANUARY 1st. The sooner you get your gift turned in the better!

Once participants have their "Secret Charr" gift ready they can send the following information to CMEPTb who will be coordinating the event:

-Your IGN
    -The poster's name you received
    -Your gift
    (Images, Fan-Fiction, Time you would be able to turn in any In-Game Gift Packages)

WHO IS THAT CHARR SNEAKING DOWN MY CHIMNEY?

Secret Charr guessing can take place at any time! Hints, reveals and denials are all at the discretion of the participants. Incgamers Moderators participating in coordinating the event cannot provide any hints!

Completed gifts will immediately be handed out by IncGamers through January 1st. A complete list of participants and their Secret Charrs will be posted in this thread after we have ensured that all gifts have been delivered.

Have A Fun and Safe Holidays!
    IncGamers

Last edited by Auntie I; 06-12-2011 at 05:09.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    I still remember when I hosted a Secret Santa several years back. I wasn't able to manage it properly and it regrettably left a few people presentless. I'm hoping there'll be less sad pandas in this one.

Anyway, I'm in, and I'll be posting my picture up later.

Do you mind if I spread the word in Nolani over at Guru?

------------------------

Edit:

Thumbnail (click to enlarge):

Name: Huntress Cha Cha
    Profession: Ranger(/Mo as default secondary)

Details:
    • Tyrian
    • Don't care much about the flowers in the hair; replaceable by some other similar accessory, or can be eliminated
    • Armor being worn is Elite Sunspear (closest to the color "terra cotta"), and her other armors are Elite Luxon (olive) and Primeval (wine colored)
    • Equipped bow is Asuran hornbow
    • Has a significant other (the necro in my Halloween drawing)
    • Lore: 18 y-o at the time of the Searing
    • Lore: She is originally from Regent Valley area (closer to the Wizard's Folly))
    • Lore: she specializes in herbs and plants, on their regeneration/healing powers and toxins/poisons; learned basics of monk healing at Ascalon Academy to compliment this (though she doesn't use the spells themselves)
    Last edited by satomz; 23-11-2011 at 19:21.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think some people would prefer to give to and receive from other people they know and frequent... especially that getting in contact with Guru people might require an account there.

Not that I personally mind either way, I just figured some people might object on those grounds, so it might be worthwhile bringing this up.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Guru people are perfectly welcome, go ahead and let them know satomz.

However I think that I'll simply state that all communication for the contest here will be done here. That should prevent confusion if someone over at Guru wants to run a Secret Charr of their own.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE

That's me pirated up for a Wintersfest adventure.

-Art
    Last edited by Art; 13-12-2011 at 00:55. Reason: Added image.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    I just made a post at Nolani. I put the all-communications-done-here bit in bold, italics, and underline, so hopefully there shouldn't be any complications in that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I think some people would prefer to give to and receive from other people they know and frequent... especially that getting in contact with Guru people might require an account there.

Not that I personally mind either way, I just figured some people might object on those grounds, so it might be worthwhile bringing this up.
    I suggested spreading the word at Nolani, because I think Secret Santa works better with more people and I don't think there's such thing as too many good art in these kind of things.

Considering many people actually made accounts here just to participate in the Halloween Contest, I don't think it would be a big issue for people this time around either.

-----------------

And a few questions from me:

1. Are we going to be able to ask for more information through any coordinators or helpers if we are doing visual/literature arts?

2. Do you have a plan for when people back out of this without notice, as in they get the presents but they don't give? I just don't want to see my past failure repeated especially if it involves leaving people sad...

In response to your first question, satomz, If anyone has any questions, your best bet is to post them here in this thread. Also, I suggest keeping it simple. It's a Secret Santa, I mean Charr, not an Art contest. There is no real prize for have the "best" gift. Any extra prizes handed out will be semi random and decided by the Moderator team. (I say semi, just to prevent someone from saying there is no true randomness! )

The presents don't have to be anything large or elaborate. Keep it simple. If you can't participate let CMEPTb know, or one of the other Moderators, if his pm box gets overwhelmed. It's not the value of the gifts involved, it's the fun of trying to guess who has your name!

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Well I wasn't trying to give the best gift of all, if that's what it sounded like. Rather, what I want to try to give is my best shot .

Quote Originally Posted by satomz View Post
    Well I wasn't trying to give the best gift of all, if that's what it sounded like. Rather, what I want to try to give is my best shot .
    Absolutely!

I just don't want people going overboard, we're just trying to have some fun! Wintersday style!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Sounds fun, sign me up.
    Will edit this post later with screenshots and stuff x.x

Edit: Okay, here we go.
    I'll let you pick.

Door #1:
    Spoiler

Door #2:
    Spoiler

Or draw both if you feel like it.
    They're rivals though.
    Last edited by Karuro; 29-11-2011 at 17:53.