PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Stormbluffs Isle
    Guild

GWO

a good day to dye

considering redyeing all my chars, but i cant quite decide what color(s)
    if someone wanted to offer up an opinion or suggestion, here's what im thinking

for each prof, the first color is the current dye

currently green, thinking of going for the original default tan color (yellow dye in this case)

blue+green makes a nice cyan here that matches the skill colors

purple's the original default color, and works well on obby. also found purple+blue is a nice shade as well, subtly different than straight up purple

[no warrior because i cant find anything i like better than his current yellow]

first monk wore blue. brown+silver does a good tan with more contrast in the fabric than just brown

red's the old default, 2 greens+blue is a nicer green shade than solid green (which looks yellowish-green) and fits the skill colors

another blue. orange+silver does a good tan on vabbian/obby but comes out orange on deldrimore

nothing fancy here, old default blue, and a solid red

pink+purple=lolno. purple's not bad on 15k rogue, and white's got a good two-tone thing going on the same.

everyone's entitled to one gold paragon set, other than that, silver or white seem like the best options

thoughts?
    Last edited by Tad; 26-11-2011 at 18:01.

you clearly had a lot of time and dies on hand :)
    i like the green on the ranger.
    i also like a necro with the blue (not shown) or the green it fits the class.
    on the derv i like the red or the orange/gold look
    on my lady cin the red looks good not so much on your cin. have you thought of white?
    for the mesmer have you considered pink.
    and the paragon the blue is nice, also it works with the white and silver.
    i guess i should grab my images... hmm perhaps we need to have a guild armor color show off section :)
    thanks
    s

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Nice...but my biggest question...how the heck do you remember what the default color for armors are? Are you looking at the wiki or something? Since, you know, armor now comes in gray when you buy them.

In fact, if my memory serves me correct, when the big dye changes occurred they didn't actually remove the base colors, they just basically overlaid it with gray so that it wouldn't affect your future dyes like we used to have to worry about. And, with no way to remove dye anymore, I'm not sure how you'd see the default colors without referencing historical data, or you have a really good memory.

To add my $.02, I have a female ele with Obsidian Armor, and I have it dyed white. I think it looks fantastic. And for the paragon armor, what about Silver + Black? Costly I know, but I think that would pretty cool.

Buy new sets of everything, keep a set in each colour.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Stormbluffs Isle
    Guild

GWO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockweaver View Post
    you clearly had a lot of time and dies on hand :)
    http://argos-soft.net/GwDressUp/ and that's right, i do have a lot of free time

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    Nice...but my biggest question...how the heck do you remember what the default color for armors are? Are you looking at the wiki or something?
    wiki, yes. i also have a list

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    And for the paragon armor, what about Silver + Black? Costly I know,
    interesting. i could probably afford it though, (4 black being cheaper than 5.)

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Using gwdressup is actually a bannable offense. For more information, check out my thread on addons here:
    http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=498839

If you disagree with being banned for using harmless tools, make your voice heard for an official addon api, so we're able to have useful third party tools such as this without any risk at all of losing our accounts.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]