PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarves in GW2?

Dwarves in GW2?

Hello!

Is noone interested why dwarves never made it to GW2?
    They are playing an important role in EOtN campaign and every other race in EOtN is now in GW2.
    They are small, stubborn, brave and greedy. I find them really awesome.
    Probably fond of them because Lord of the rings trilogy, I love Gimli

You could say that Asura race is replacing them, but they have really different characteristics.

I would love to play dwarf in GW2, what do you think?

All of the dwarves eventually participated in the ritual. There are no non-stone dwarves in Tyria. - Ree Soesbee
    Last edited by Gorani; 12-02-2012 at 13:00. Reason: added an answer to this question

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    They all went the way of the Great Dwarf. And turned to stone (sort of). So, they're simply... gone... (stone dwarves don't reproduce very well...)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Dwarves aren't completely gone...just in complete isolation, basically. They are keeping the destroyers below the surface, so they are rarely seen.

Movement of the World - Dwarves
    Dwarves

As far as having them as a playable race, I'm not quite sure what they would offer us. Aside from being short and their beliefs, there wasn't much difference between them and humans. They were a bit more mechanically inclined, but that went the way of the Charr in GW2, with their guns and mechanical structures we've seen in their cities.
    Last edited by bearsfwd; 30-11-2011 at 14:50.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    They all went the way of the Great Dwarf. And turned to stone (sort of). So, they're simply... gone... (stone dwarves don't reproduce very well...)
    They're a dying race.
    The new Giganticus Lupicus.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    They didn't ALL become stone, but a lot of them did. Tons of people of all races were killed by the dragons' resurfacing. Presumably, the dwarf population is very, very small during GW2.

Kind of wonder if they'll be extinct later on or make a comeback. We'll have to start keeping them in captivity and forcing them to breed like tigers.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    We'll have to start keeping them in captivity and forcing them to breed like tigers.
    Oooh, you mean like the Wintersday dwarves? The ones we aren't supposed to feed?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    They didn't ALL become stone, but a lot of them did. Tons of people of all races were killed by the dragons' resurfacing. Presumably, the dwarf population is very, very small during GW2.

Kind of wonder if they'll be extinct later on or make a comeback. We'll have to start keeping them in captivity and forcing them to breed like tigers.
    I'm pretty sure all Dwarves turned into stone in the end, whether they liked it or not.
    We are Dwarf, you will be assimilated.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I seem to remember an interview where they confirmed that all dwarves were turned to stone eventually.

Also, I don't get the fascination with dwarves. There are so many more original races than that in the fantasy genre...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

So they all turned to stone
    Well fine, no dwarves then..

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Also, I don't get the fascination with dwarves. There are so many more original races than that in the fantasy genre...
    Dwarves are one of the best races in fantasy world to me.
    Story around them is so well created, they are usually the smallest race and always frustrated about their height so they are trying to proove themselves as great warriors to other races.
    Dirty, greedy, stubborn, easily offended little creatures.

The thing I like about them is that they have a lot of negative characteristic, they are not pure and noble like most of the others races, but still able to show good, righteous side that rarely pops up.
    Probably a lot of things that are opposite of what I am in real life

Also, that is a LOT more than what we know about current races in GW2
    Norn are big warriors that love fighting, and slylvari are all about nature and peace, they are pure and love exploring, Charr love war and don't respect any other race or even members in their own race, Humans are noble and they worship gods, their strenght is in unity. Asurans are smart, intelligent blabla.

I just feel more layers could be added to races, like dwarves have. Then I might started to enjoy them more or get really interested about their history and culture.
    But maby that's just me
    Last edited by simun; 30-11-2011 at 16:52.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I still don't think they all turned to stone, but it sounds like the ones that didn't turn to stone died. So, either way, all dwarves are stone in GW2.

The fight between the Dwarves and the Destroyers consumed the Dwarven race. Few lived to return to the surface and tell the tale of their victory—and those who did had been irrevocably altered. No longer made of flesh and bone, no blood pumped through their veins. Instead, they found their bodies composed entirely of stone surrounding nothing but cold, hard earth.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_..._World#Dwarves

I'm reading between the lines a bit (plus, having finished EotW, I know they all didn't take the blessing).