Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    The altered tier system made accessing 'cool' skills a lot harder - puts the mesmer into the weak category as far as initial play goes.

Still, some plenty cool skills around, just not good for soloing with - definitely a good support class but I need a lot more practise with mine to make sure it's all working as it should.

-Art

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I gave my Mesmer another shot yesterday, with scepter and staff. No me gusta.
    The interrupt skills we had in GW1 had pretty long cooldowns too, which you could partly mitigate by bringing many interrupts on your bar. I wonder though, at least for those shatters that interrupt, couldn't they have one illusion teleport and shatter to give that sense of immediacy? That could be a cool fix.

Someone should suggest it.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

The Order of Dii
    I don't know if I'm disappointed or not, the class is very complex, not my usual playstyle for sure.
    This is something that intrigues me a lot, the more complex the merrier!
    At least we Asura see life this way

P.S.: I might be wrong, but mesmer class is still a big Work in Progress.

GWOnline.Net Member BrotherGrimm's Avatar
    Thought I would be totally POed with no direct interupts, but after playing for the entire weekend, The gameplay kind of grew on me.

It does seem certain that the days of feeling evil pride of single handedly completely shutting down an enemy healer are over....(and not just because healers are absent from GW2....)

*Sigh*

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I feel ya, Mesmer brother.

Server

Vabbi
    Guild

Tuskforce Supremacy
    I was initially shocked and very annoyed at how 'generic' feeling the new mesmer was. It felt like we were reworked to be more of a 'weird' damage dealer instead of the role I loved playing in GW1: The Most Aggravating Foe in the Universe (especially in PvP). One of my fondest memories being from the random arenas where I frustrated a Warrior into rage quitting after 6mins of him trying to kill me...

That being said, I can understand why the old mesmer no longer exists in GW2. The new game is much closer to being a 'normal' MMO and for people coming from a non GW background, the old mesmer wouldn't have been as appealing. Hence they created a class that was more... blatant I guess? Gone are the days when a class could exist purely for shut-down and aggravation duties instead of being simply another damage dealer.

All that said, I had a fantastic time with my mesmer in GW2 once I accepted it was not supposed to be like my GW1 character. There was a period where I was struggling to beat mobs but by the end of the weekend (and switching to staves), I was level 20 and soloing in level 23 areas. I even managed a champion ettin boss solo.

I don't think the class is ready to ship but I think it's well on its way. I think shatter mechanics need a damage boost and most importantly, a much more dramatic animation as currently, both the animation and the damage are mediocre at best.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think the mesmer rework is more for solo gameplay. I mean if you go around solo, being pure interrupt might be fun but if you do no damage it's useless. In a team, it makes sense.

I think the class as reworked works really well for the new game, and I like that generally mesmers are less hit/miss and more general purpose. Some people might not like that.

I think it would be fine though if they fine-tuned to make it a bit closer to the original mesmer, by that I mean less random, less delay for shatters (at least the first shatter), and more ability to reflex interrupt.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i just don't get why they are now spamming mirror images instead of just mixing attacks with conditions, the images are pretty much useless (in PvE at least) and the attacks are a joke.
    the concept is nice but it doesn't work, it really needs an overhaul to make the skills work as intended.

funny tho, in GW1 they are the most OP prof in the game but in GW2 they are close to useless......lol
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I understand why we aren't the same as we were in GW 1, but I wish they'd taken a different approach than the illusions / phantasms.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    They seemed a bit weak in BWE2, but I still like the concept. Somewhat miss hexes, but not in PvP.

Sent from my even more trendy iPad (now with MORE retinas!) using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314