PC Gaming News
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Disappointment?

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    looking forward to playing a mesmer, they seem real coolt o play.

i can say that playing the BWEs as a thief, i didnt have much problems picking out player from clones. i think maybe 2 times i attacked a clone in all 3 BWEs. for me and idk if anyone else felt the same but it was quite easy to see the difference. or that might be me because i have a big eye for detail, and notice things fairly quickly.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by EnoughAlready View Post
    This is something I've argued throughout. The GW2 Mesmer takes no skill to play.
    Just run in circles with a broadsword, not worrying about what else is happening, '1' constantly repeating doing purple hued dps.
    Cause that's so different from gw1. To be blunt, if you weren't focusing on dps in pve you were being extremely inefficient. To any team with a minute sense of competency, "control" skills were simply not needed.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Cause that's so different from gw1. To be blunt, if you weren't focusing on dps in pve you were being extremely inefficient. To any team with a minute sense of competency, "control" skills were simply not needed.
    !!

Sent from my ultra-trendy iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Panic wasn't needed. However, it's also not a bar dedicated to interrupting, it's just one skill. In any panic build I was ever linked, the other skills were focused on dps. And if you're taking multiple mesmers, the additional ones would have esurge.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I think it made the game a lot easier, necessary or not - and a lot of that ease came from being able to stack ****tons of wastrel's on everything since you knew not much would get off.

I also think that that sort of thing just doesn't make sense in GW2's context. You control and render enemies ineffective by movement abilities - dodging, positioning for backstabs, knockbacks, etc. Having a bar full of skills devoted solely to shutdown/interrupts would be a bit redundant next to that. Now, having a few skills like distortion that augment and increase those abilities is great, but the GW1 mesmer (particularly before the "let's make it a damage dealer" update) just wouldn't work here.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Everyone does damage now, the question is what else do they do.

GW2 mesmer seems to do quite a bit of shutdown (especially if you count clones as shutdown, which I do). Blind, confusion, stuff like that... it all adds up to making foes less effective.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Eh, yeah, so? Instead of making mesmer boring and rote they should have improved PvE so that you'd have to play mesmer like PvE mesmer should have been played already back in GW1.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Apparently staff Mesmer is ridiculously powerful and a ton of fun. Mesmer downed skills are crazy good. Y U NO TELL ME?!

I was running around soloing a group of mobs that seemed never-ending. I had as many as six on me at one time. Have to have room to move around, though, I think. And need to be careful about not picking up extra mobs when you're warping and running around.

/conceed

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'm using longsword and scepter/something. I don't even know why I put that combo on, it's terrible. Scepter is decent for defensive, but it can't kill fast enough. Longsword is nice to sniping, meh otherwise. But together, it means I really have no good AoE, dps, and even less AoE dps.

If only I can get a few swords as drops, that would make me happy. And a staff. I know I can buy them, but I am too cheap. Yes RD, staff is really good... the initial damage is bad, but it ramps up quick.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Staff is crucial with a Mesmer. Anyone running without one is lacking in the only AoE skill along with major conditional damage.

As for Scepter not killing fast enough, it's more support in defense if you have a good offhand.

Sword pairs up well with scepter, and probably the only one. I use the block, which to me is like a half heal/half damage since it mitagates and I can get a clone up. That's two with the sword block. Plus if I dont block, the scepter blinds and the sword dazes if you fire it off.

The Confustion stack is some hefty damage, but only works well on enemies that attack too.

Wanding doesn't do much damange, but it's good to crit and produce some conditions off of that. I have a sigil that bleeds on crit, and have over 45% to crit, so I bleed them quite often, so it ramps up DPS.

Sword Illusion is near top in damage, Staff's warlock is a runner up though. Some say the focus warden but it's too stationary to be truely good plus dies faster than you can get up.

With Sc/Sw and staff I can easily solo groups of vets. With some luck and a good other player, two of us can solo a champ easy.

My clones distract, illusions deal hefty damage when traited.

I may not stand up to a Guardian/Warrior for pure damage soaking, or deal instant death with ranger/theft/necro wells, but for pure dps staying power, I don't think anyone can match to a mesmer.

Plus we're highly defensive when we need to be. After playing as a ele for a long time, I miss my Mesmer. I used to stand up to anyone, block everything... I only ran when I had to, otherwise they were going to get a face full of hurt and clone would pop out.

Ok I'm rambling now....

One thing I do not do often enough, is shatter... if only traits were set to do more on shatter, but there isn't.