PC Gaming News
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't look like a Mesmer fighting to me heh Looks like a warrior mage.
    Look man, at least your preferred class is actually in the game in some form. How do you think us monks feel?? Humph!
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Look man, at least your preferred class is actually in the game in some form. How do you think us monks feel?? Humph!
    <Insert "You Are Not Your ****ing Ranger" copypasta here>

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Awww /comfort

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    The totalbisquit video on the Mesmer had me "seeing double", but after watching this video of PvP between what I assume to be a thief, and a Mesmer.

Looks so awesome.

Even though the thief is owning XD
    Last edited by Смерть; 21-02-2012 at 21:10.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Kinda sad that the first 5 minutes of the video was just him getting utterly destroyed by that thief, although I don't hold not being particularly good at the game yet against TB. Not only is he probably completely new to GW and GW2, he's also a person who is supposed to be spending more time shoutcasting and reviewing games than actually playing them.

On a different note, what is up with the stupidly loud footstep sound effects.

Kedde, that's not TB, just some random media person from curse.com. CMEPTb was just commenting on the video that TB's wife put up (he had to do something else this weekend, so he had her use his media beta invite to make a video).
    Last edited by djacob; 22-02-2012 at 23:13.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing the beta, and I'm really looking forward to the next one.
    I really don't feel that this iteration of the Mesmer is a Mesmer in the traditional sense, and really want to see interrupts and degen (as has been covered elsewhere), so yes, disapointed, but still enjoyed it.

Shawn: What about Gaurdian? It's as much like the Monk as the Minstrel is the Mesmer?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Guardian is really not like the monk at all. Closest to healing monk you can get is probably water elementalist, and while there are prots in the game, I don't think any of the professions could ever be described as prot monk.

The guardian is very tough and has good melee skills, more so that I thought. I would describe it more as a dervish if I had to pick a GW1 counterpart (fitting, as dervish had healing skills it could use on allies). Paladin would be the non-GW reference. Most of the prots are placed at your location, so you need to be frontline to be using them well. Those will still protect your midline if you are in-between the foes and the midline, but positioning is very important in protting well. Heals etc might require you to be physically near your allies rather than just in-between allies and foes.

You can play a staff or scepter guardian and provide some backline support with bubbles and heals.

I wouldn't describe guardian as paragon because it felt a lot more active even in a support role, whereas the paragon was mostly spam-on-recharge passive buffs. The monk is too fragile and backline to fit the guardian too, and also the lack of ways you can cast stuff on allies especially with the guardian.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I gave my Mesmer another shot yesterday, with scepter and staff. No me gusta.

It is better than before, but illusions and phantasms are just so dumb to me. The delay in shattering makes them way less useful than hitting a skill, getting an effect like every other class mechanic. Plus, I don't remember the cooldown being so long on shatters. Did they increase it? Makes them even more cumbersome to use.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I actually love the mesmer play, though with the staff and 2-hand sword. The 2-hand sword is my favorite so far, even on my guardian. I made a point to not play mesmer this beta, but I'll have to check out the shatters to see if they changed anything.