With an emphasize on confusion and blinding, the scepter is a short to mid-range weapon that is slightly more defensively oriented.
1. Ether Bolt - Ether Blast - Ether Clone Chain
a. Ether Bolt:
Shoots out a purple beam and causes the enemy to be confused.
b. Ether Blast:
Shoots out a second bolt of energy and confuses foe.
2. Illusionary Counter: Block the next attack. Counter by creating a clone that casts Ether Bolt.
c. Ether Clone:
Creates a clone that shoots Ether Bolt.
3. Confusing Images: Channel beam of energy that damages and blinds foes.
The sword is a more offensively oriented short-range weapon.
1. Mind Slash - Mind Gash - Mind Stab Chain
a. Mind Slash:
Slashes enemy for damage.
b. Mind Gash:
Gashes enemy for damage.
2. Blurred Frenzy: Strikes foe in a flurry of strikes, distorting the space around you, making you evade attacks.
c. Mind Stab:
Stabs enemy for damage and causes Vulnerability.
3. Leap: Creates clone at location and leaps Mesmer in the direction he is facing to cripple nearby foe. You have 5 seconds to swap your location with that of your clone.
The off-hand sword provides close-combat utility.
1. Illusionary Riposte: Block foe, creating an illusion when attached. If not being attacked gain the boon "retaliation".
2. Illusionary Swordsman: Create an illusion that attacks your foe.
The pistol is a mid- to longer-range offensive weapon.
1. Illusionary Duelist: Creates phantasm that unloads a volley of pistol shots.
2. Trick Shot: Hit up to 3 foes with pistol shot for damage. 1st foe is blinded, 2nd foe is dazed, 3rd foe is stunned.
The illusions can be sent "into the prey" and combined with a shatter skill, but it is not clear whether "Into the Prey" is its own skill or a chained skill associated with the Illusionary Duelist .
The focus provides the mesmer with auxiliary skills good for both attack and defense..
1. Temporal Curtain: Creates wall of energy that cripples foes and gives allies swiftness.
2. Illusionary Warden: Creates phantasm with two axes that performs a skill similar to Whirling Defense.
The torch provides the mesmer with short-range auxiliary skills good for offense and defense.
1. The Prestige: Makes the Mesmer vanish in a flash of smoke, cloak, and reappear 3 seconds later setting foes in an area on fire.
2. Illusionary Mage: Creates an illusion that applies confusion to enemies & retaliation to allies.
The greatsword is a mid- to long-range offensive weapon.
1. Spatial Surge: Shoot beam at foe that deals increased damage with increased distance.
2. Mirror Blade: Throw an illusionary greatsword that causes vulnerability in foes and gives might to allies. A clone is created at its final target.
3. Mind Stab: Thrusts Greatsword into the ground creating powerful attack that damages and dazes foes.
4. Phantasmal Berserker: Creates a phantasm that uses a whirling attack to damage and cripple foes.
5. Illusionary Wave: Send out magical wave that pushes back foes in front of you.
The staff is a mid-range support oriented weapon.
1. Winds of Chaos: Send out orb that bounces of foes and allies applying random conditions or boons.
2. Feigned Escape: Roll away from foe summoning clone that casts Spatial Surge at destination.
3. Illusionary Warlock: Summons an illusion that deals more damage for each condition on foe.
4. Chaos Armor: Give yourself Chaos Armor, giving you random boons, and your foes random conditions each time you are struck.
5. Chaos Storm: Creates a circular area in which foes get random conditions; allies get random boons.
1. Stab: Stab your foe.
2. Feigned Surge: Surge forward, attack and teleport back to the original location
3. Illusionary Mariner: Summon evading illusions that attack foe.
4. Slip Stream: Create current that rapidly propels you forward and pushes back foes that enter.
5. Vortex: Pulls enemies closer.
1. Siren's Call: Shoots ribbon of sonic energy that bounces off multiple foes and confuses them.
2. Ineptitude: Befuddle your enemy with a blinding flash of light.
3. Spinning Revenge: Give retaliation to allies and summon a clone that attacks foe.
4. Illusionary Whaler: Summon illusion that bleeds foes.
5. Illusionary Drowning: Attach anchor to foe and cause him to sink while taking damage.
4.2 Shatter Skills
1. Mind Wrack: Destroys your illusions and does damage to opponents near them.
2. Cry of Frustration: Destroys your illusions and gives the confused condition to nearby foes.
3. Diversion: Destroys your illusions and stuns nearby foes.
4. Reflection: Destroys your illusions and places a barrier around the mesmer, which reflects enemy projectiles.
4.3 Healing Skills
1. Ether Feast: Gives heals for each illusion created by the mesmer.
2. Mirror: Reflect incoming projectiles and heal.
3. Mantra of Recovery: Charge this spell to give instant healing later.
Signet skills have two toggable states: passive and active. Each state confers a unique ability to the bearer of the signet.
1. Signet of Inspiration: When passive, it gives a random boon every 10 seconds. When activated, it copies all boons on caster to nearby allies.
2. Signet of Domination: When passive, it gives improved condition damage. When activated, it stuns foes.
3. Signet of Midnight: When passive, it improves boon duration. When activated, it blinds nearby foes.
4. Signet of Illusion: When passive, it gives more health to illusions. When activated, it recharges shatter skills.
Mantras are special skills that need to be charged first before use. In return, they can give a marked advantage in the heat of battle as mantras can be insta-casted and casted even while another skill is executed.
1. Mantra of Pain: Charge to deal instant damage to foe later.
2. Mantra of Daze: Charge to daze foe later.
3. Mantra of Resolve: Charge to remove conditions from mesmer later when needed.
4. Mantra of Concentration: Charge to gain stability and ability to break stuns later.
4.5 Auxilliary Skills
1. Veil of Invisibility: Creates a circular area giving stealth to allies within it.
2. Portal: Each time cast, this spell creates a portal through which the Mesmer and his allies can travel to once the other end of the portal is cast.
3. Blink: Teleports Mesmer backwards.
4. Decoy: Makes the Mesmer invisible and creates a clone at its location.
5. Distortion: Mesmer evades all attacks for 3 seconds.
6. Mirror Images: Summons 2 clones that attack foe.
7. Illusionary Disenchanter: Summons an illusion that damages foes and removes boons from them.
8. Null Field: Creates field of energy that removes all boons from enemies and all conditions from allies.
9. Mirrored Feedback: Creates dome around foe that reflects projectiles.
4.5 Elite Skills:
1. Moa Bird: Targeted foe becomes a moa bird for a limited amount of time.
2. Time Warp: Creates a temporal distortion that allows the caster and allies to use skills and actions twice as fast.
3. Mass Invisibility: Nearby allies and caster become stealthed for 5 seconds.