PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 141 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Lol American voting.

• You can vote for any of up to two guys and they will do the exact same job regardless of who wins
    • Live in the wrong state means your vote barely counts
    • Having to register to vote instead of using the census records to keep track of people
    • Overly complicated ballots instead of just having a piece of paper with a name on it
    • Put a cross/punch a hole in the ballot so that there's extremely large chance of misinterpreting it
    • If the vote is too even, the guy with the 49% of votes is declared winner by a court
    • Once you elected someone, he's more concerned with his subscription of bribes (sorry, "lobbying funds") than about you anyway, so why did you bother?

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Rasp, you're WAY off: Our votes don't count in the presidential election, no matter where you live and last time I voted for the president, it was on something like a slot machine, not punch cards.

We bother because it's not right to complain unless we vote and also because of all the people who were denied the right to vote for so long (at least the latter is why I vote in presidential elections).

Ohh. Well I heard it counts if you live in Iowa, or something. Or was that the votings to decide who gets to be voted on later?

I agree with George Carlin though; if you vote, you said your piece, and no longer have a right to complain. Especially if you voted for the guy who lost. I mean, ok, if you voted for the guy who won, you have a right to expect him to do what he said he'd do. But if you voted for the other guy? Nope.

Actually I think, as always, that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. But you can't just run for president because no one votes for you unless you accept bribes from a ton of companies and you're too moral to do that. So you'll start your own country instead. Problem solved

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Lots of times you vote for a guy and he does not do what he said he would, so you can definitely still complain. With Obama, I haven't found myself TOO disgruntled with him; it's been more about Congress (grrrrrr).

Yes: For presidential elections, we vote for someone else to vote however they want to. This is how GW Bush won the first time around (when he lost the popular vote).

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Yes: For presidential elections, we vote for someone else to vote however they want to. This is how GW Bush won the first time around (when he lost the popular vote).
    Yeah, this is a wacky system. Vote for some guys whose jobs are to vote for president, lol. Also, most states use the system that if one guy gets the most votes, ALL of that states' voter votes (ehh) is for the same guy? Instead of letting someone who gets 50% of the votes get 50% of the voter guys, I mean.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    You can complain regardless of who you vote for, or even if you don't vote.

Here's how I see it.

You can complain about promises broken, about stuff you didn't want them to do (regardless of whether you voted for them, you can't vote based on issues yet), about general inefficiency bribes etc.

And you certainly can complain about the crappy voting system, and the general corruption.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Rasp on almost all counts. Our election system has become moronic over the years, and there is absolutely no candidate at the present time who's worth putting into office...but we're going to end up with one of them anyway.
    mv

Well obviously you CAN complain... I mean, I'm not even American, and I still complain.

@MV: That part about no candidate worth voting for but ending up with one of them anyway... You guys share that with the rest of the world.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    So I watched Santorum debate with college people about *** marriage.

I disagree with his views, and the general way he argues... but the man can debate. I respect the skill.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    He is a colossal horse's anus.

I think it is pretty widely accepted among US citizens (politicians aside) that the electoral college is archaic and needs to abolished or, at the very least, reformed. I don't think many people are okay with the way things are in that respect.