PC Gaming News
Page 60 of 141 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentObama (reddit)
    if you want to know what I think about this whole reddit experience - NOT BAD!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    karlfranks
    Who's your favourite Basketball player?
    PresidentObama
    Jordan - I'm a Bulls guy.

ivanvsm

damn right you are
    edit: ...sir.
    tartay745
    Only on the Internet will someone actually respond to the president of the united states with, "damn right you are".
    HiImDan
    And get upvoted more than the POTUS

*chuckles* -- Obama has guts showing up on Reddit.

Watched some speeches from the Republican Convention -- some good general inspirational stuff given.
    Last edited by Смерть; 31-08-2012 at 08:11.

I love how Clint Eastwood, a Republican at the RNC, made himself and several other Republicans look like idiots. Seriously, talking to a chair? Yeah, that's a good way to inspire people to vote. Plus, because he kept talking, Romney's speech was shortened due to not enough time or something. teehee

On another note, what's up with that guy from Cuba? Does Romney outsource EVERYTHING to foreign countries? Oh wait, yes he does. Sure he promises to create jobs, but what he fails to mention is that those jobs will be created in other countries or, if they are in this country, they'll be for all the illegals. /facepalm

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tender Wolf View Post
    I love how Clint Eastwood, a Republican at the RNC, made himself and several other Republicans look like idiots. Seriously, talking to a chair? Yeah, that's a good way to inspire people to vote. Plus, because he kept talking, Romney's speech was shortened due to not enough time or something. teehee
    The only person Clint Eastwood made look like an idiot was himself. Man, what an UNCOMFORTABLE portion of the convention... I would assume he will not be getting an invite for the next one.

I'm sure they knew some of the stuff he was going to say, but the whole thing to me sounded off the cuff. You can pre-screen all you want, but if someone is old, doesn't care, and wants to go off bat-**** crazy, there is nothing you can do, but ride it out, lol. Or they could have pulled him off stage, but that wouldn't have been nice... . They Should Have Pulled Him Off Stage!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Honestly, seeing the stupid things the leaders say and don't get called on by their party, I have to assume that Clint's presence was probably seen as more positive than most of us would like to think.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Yeah, Clint didn't do very well during the convention, though personally I didn't think it was as bad as it's made out to be. But he's still got the best natural scowl I've yet to see on any actor.
    mv

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Ok, so apparently he wasn't senile, it was just a bad sketch. I've yet to see it though.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Kind of a cool stat I got from Obama. Over 3.1 MM people donated to his reelection campaign.

If you look at Romney's top donors, the list is... depressing. Obama's list is way more diverse, interestingly enough. Actually, I guess it's not that interesting.

Anyway, I can't find the number of donors from Romney's campaign.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    Clint ... he's still got the best natural scowl I've yet to see on any actor.
    Probably, but Harrison Ford's scowl gets closer with every year that goes by.

In terms of election stuff, I have this one FB friend who's just head-over-heels in love with Obama. He posts things like "LOL, Facebook election FAIL!1!" in reference to Obama's having ~25 million likes over Romney going for 5mil. Well, okay... He's popular with young people, campaigned for quite a while, has been in office, done an AMA, and otherwise had since 2007 to accumulate those likes. It's not a problem that he likes Obama, but he's that kind of "fan" that makes you want to post "well, to be fair..." comments.